Funny story!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Funny story!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Default Funny story!

It's a short one, but it reassures me that "I'm doing it right"

I don't tell my wife when I'm carrying (which is probably about 95% of the time). Last night we were going out with some friends. I was standing up next to her, as she was sitting on the couch. My strong side hip basically 18" from her face. She was concerned about a possible "no weapons" policy where we were going, and asked our friends "will they check for weapons?". I immediately thought "oops, my shirt must have come up some and revealed my weapon". When the friends said "no, they don't even check" she said "good, I was worried he would have to leave his pocket knife in the car!".

She saw the clip of my knife in the front pocket and was remembering the time we went to a baseball game and the stadiums "no weapons policy" where they told me to either toss the knife in the trash at the gate or walk it the mile back to the car. (I wasn't carrying a handgun at that event).

If she doesn't even know I'm carrying, then I must be doing it right, because if anyone would see or feel my firearm, it would be her!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #2

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

very true, I do the same with my wife, if she can tell its on me then I will make adjustments, after a lil trail and error she no longer can spot it. Sometimes she's suprised when its on me(hugs,,) but after Conn. Elementary school shooting,, piss on not carrying, unless its in a go tojail if caught building (federal)

Old 12-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #3

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

My ex and I went to some annoying Club downtown (her kinda place, not mine) a while back and I didn't know they patted down. Luckily I have strict policy I don't carry when I'm going to be drinking. So I left gun in car, but knife still on me. They werent going to let me in with a stupid folding pocket Knife. Girlfriend was pissed so I gave to guy offered 5 dollar bill if he held onto until night was over. Got my knife back. I was happy, she was not. Lol glad she's an ex. No more city girls for me.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #4

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

^^^^^^This.

Went to DC a couple of weeks ago and while I had to leave my weapon at home.(DCs gun regulations are insane) we were going into the smithsonian air and space museum and my wife put her bag through the xray and seen her knife, then pulled aside and they acted like she was intentionally smuggling wmd's in, I had to get a lil ****ty with em, and all that for a colt pocket folder.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9426 Times on 4061 Posts
Likes Given: 1479

My family would wonder what was wrong if I did NOT carry......

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.