Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Friend was shot in Louisville last night...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Friend was shot in Louisville last night...

So a friend of mine was shot not too far from our church last night, with a shotgun. He's in ICU, and has had 2 surgeries so far today. The doctors don't know if he'll survive the night...

There are no suspects or motives. He was probably jumped while walking home because he was found in a alley a block from his house.

I have 3 friends that have been assaulted in the area around our church in the last year. 2 of them being gang related as "initiation rights." I'm going to be really pissed off if someone tried to kill my friend as initiation to join a gang, he's a really good guy, and would never harm or offend anyone.

Wow, what an eventful week this has been...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #2

sounds like you need to make sure your clips are full and your trigger finger is well trained. I am absolutely and completely sorry to hear what has happened to your friend and genuinely wish him, you and all his other loved ones the best.

the world is full of scum and *******s that will pull a trigger just to see what you have in your pocket, and its our job as responsible, prepared citizens to shoot them down before they take someones loved one(s) away from them for their own selfish bull**** motives.

keep one in the tube for those special kinds of *******s

"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Old 12-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Those animals need hanging.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Tragic

I'm sorry to hear that FS I really hope he pulls through. There are some bad people in the world, they respect nothing and no-one they will never fit in to a civilized society, there really is no other way - they should be removed permanently.

photopro

Co-owner: Hunter World UK

Old 12-15-2009, 12:23 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Not to state the obvious, but that's disheartening to hear. I hope that he recovers quickly and completely, and that the f***-knuckle that did it dies horribly.
Gork

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 12-15-2009, 02:24 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend. Unfortunately this only goes to show that when seconds count the police are minutes or more away. Your recent posts only confirm that I will never go unarmed into Louisville again. Of course, now that I own a CBST holster I'm not going too many places unarmed.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:25 AM   #7

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

I am sorry to hear about your friend, terrible thing to happen. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Sounds like your neighborhood is getting rough lately. Either the cops need to up their visible presence to deter the gangs or you need to move.

Stay safe

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 12-15-2009, 06:10 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Is there a link to an article?

Old 12-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Sorry to hear about your friend, I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I am sorry to hear about your friend, terrible thing to happen. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Sounds like your neighborhood is getting rough lately. Either the cops need to up their visible presence to deter the gangs or you need to move.

Stay safe
Technically speaking, my neighborhood is ok. Its the area around my church that really needs help. There's very little, if any, visible cop presence. As a matter of fact, in 4 years of living here, I have NEVER once seen a cop within 1/2 a mile of my church...

Gojubrian, as far as I know, this incident wasn't reported. I found out directly from close friends, family, and fellow church members. Most of the crime around around here doesn't get reported unless someone actually dies or it involves robbing a store...