Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Friend was shot in Louisville last night... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/friend-shot-louisville-last-night-21129/)

feedsasquatch 12-14-2009 11:38 PM

Friend was shot in Louisville last night...

So a friend of mine was shot not too far from our church last night, with a shotgun. He's in ICU, and has had 2 surgeries so far today. The doctors don't know if he'll survive the night...

There are no suspects or motives. He was probably jumped while walking home because he was found in a alley a block from his house.

I have 3 friends that have been assaulted in the area around our church in the last year. 2 of them being gang related as "initiation rights." I'm going to be really pissed off if someone tried to kill my friend as initiation to join a gang, he's a really good guy, and would never harm or offend anyone.

Wow, what an eventful week this has been...

Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe 12-14-2009 11:46 PM

sounds like you need to make sure your clips are full and your trigger finger is well trained. I am absolutely and completely sorry to hear what has happened to your friend and genuinely wish him, you and all his other loved ones the best.

the world is full of scum and *******s that will pull a trigger just to see what you have in your pocket, and its our job as responsible, prepared citizens to shoot them down before they take someones loved one(s) away from them for their own selfish bull**** motives.

keep one in the tube for those special kinds of *******s

CA357 12-14-2009 11:46 PM

Those animals need hanging.

photopro 12-14-2009 11:53 PM

Tragic

I'm sorry to hear that FS I really hope he pulls through. There are some bad people in the world, they respect nothing and no-one they will never fit in to a civilized society, there really is no other way - they should be removed permanently.

photopro

gorknoids 12-15-2009 12:23 AM

Not to state the obvious, but that's disheartening to hear. I hope that he recovers quickly and completely, and that the f***-knuckle that did it dies horribly.
Gork

kusterleXD 12-15-2009 02:24 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend. Unfortunately this only goes to show that when seconds count the police are minutes or more away. Your recent posts only confirm that I will never go unarmed into Louisville again. Of course, now that I own a CBST holster I'm not going too many places unarmed.

dog2000tj 12-15-2009 02:25 AM

I am sorry to hear about your friend, terrible thing to happen. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Sounds like your neighborhood is getting rough lately. Either the cops need to up their visible presence to deter the gangs or you need to move.

Stay safe :)

Gojubrian 12-15-2009 06:10 AM

Is there a link to an article?

spittinfire 12-15-2009 11:32 AM

Sorry to hear about your friend, I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers.

feedsasquatch 12-15-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 199629)
I am sorry to hear about your friend, terrible thing to happen. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Sounds like your neighborhood is getting rough lately. Either the cops need to up their visible presence to deter the gangs or you need to move.

Stay safe :)

Technically speaking, my neighborhood is ok. Its the area around my church that really needs help. There's very little, if any, visible cop presence. As a matter of fact, in 4 years of living here, I have NEVER once seen a cop within 1/2 a mile of my church...

Gojubrian, as far as I know, this incident wasn't reported. I found out directly from close friends, family, and fellow church members. Most of the crime around around here doesn't get reported unless someone actually dies or it involves robbing a store...