Friend Helps Woman Being Attacked

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Friend Helps Woman Being Attacked

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Friend Helps Woman Being Attacked

The other thread about the woman in Ohio made me decide to post this story. Couple months ago my buddy I served in the Marines with called me and told me about the events that had taken place earlier that day.

Said he was sitting at home enjoying his day off when he happened to look outside to see his neighbor beating his wife in their driveway, while their child sat in the car having to watch all this. He quickly grabbed his pistol, told his girlfriend to call the police, and ran outside, yelling at the man to "knock that s**t off" he said the guy then turned and started walking toward him telling him to "mind his own f-ing business and get back inside before something bad happened" at this point he presented his pistol and chambered a round, telling the guy "I've served as a Marine infantryman a long time and have no problem at all killing you" he said it was almost commical how fast the guy's facial expression changed when he saw the gun and heard this. The guy then put his hands up and started backing away saying "it's cool man" my friend then held him for police, who thanked my friend for stopping the attack in a cool manner, where no one was injured or worse. They then took the man, who was a repeat offender off to jail. Of course, he really wouldn't have shot the man unless he absolutely had to, the important thing is seeing the gun and hearing what would happen made the bad guy lose all desire to beat his wife or anyone else, and the situation was resolved.

I don't understand what's wrong with people. What kind pf a low life not only beats his wife, but does so in front of their child? I was glad there are still good people out there like my buddy who are willing to help in such situations.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7344 Times on 4420 Posts
Likes Given: 9072

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-03 View Post
I was glad there are still good people out there like my buddy who are willing to help in such situations.
I am, too.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I'm sure the group of people will be in shortly to say he was wrong for pulling a weapon in this situation. But, someone that is willing to beat his wife in front of their child in the front yard for the whole world to see is very unpredictable. You never know if he's going to produce a weapon and attempt to kill you or his victim when you confront him. Also, notice he waited until the man started walking toward him in a threatening manner before actually pulling the weapon.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2971 Times on 1714 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Google "Shoal River Range shooting". A good example of how two of Okaloosa county's finest tried to handle a woman abuser and the sad results.

Women and children abusers should have a brand on their foreheads.

And there is no reason to hit a woman (except in self defense).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Most would have hidden in their home and watched. A few would have called police. Only a handful of people have the character and courage to do what your buddy did.

He is to be commended for his actions!

People get the government they deserve.

Last edited by dunerunner; 12-13-2010 at 10:44 PM.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2972 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedanrdy View Post
this story sounds bogus,if your a marine why use your gun why not go hand to hand.you S A Y you would have no problem killing him.does beating a woman constitute death. i suggest you re-enlist
Wow, could that be any more insulting? I take it the phrase "beaten to death" has no meaning to you? Troll much?
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 12-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I suggest you learn to read-REALLY learn to read. The OP stated it was his FRIEND that was involved-not the OP.

Quote:
this story sounds bogus,if your a marine why use your gun why not go hand to hand.you S A Y you would have no problem killing him.does beating a woman constitute death. i suggest you re-enlist

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 12-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Why do you insist on being a douche on here? Think the story is bogus all you want...that's your right. Are you questioning if I really served as a Marine? I say you are a moron who could benefit from serving...and taking an English class. Would you rather just stand by and watch someone get beat in their yard? I honestly hope someday you are getting beat down and no one helps you. Also, do you honestly believe that just because someone is a Marine that means they are instantly great hand to hand fighters? A good rule of thumb is that the basic Marine in a basic unit knows just enough to get hurt. There are exceptions of course, mostly elite units such as Recon, and various grunt units that really stress hand to hand...even so, it takes years to truly master any form of hand to hand fighting. One more question for you, what if he had walked outside with no weapon and the guy had pulled a knife or gun of his own? Of course I doubt you have any good answer for this, you'll just mention "Penal Code" and use a bunch of words that are spelled incorrectly. Have a good day.

Last edited by USMC-03; 12-14-2010 at 05:40 AM.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
you S A Y you would have no problem killing him.does beating a woman constitute death.
OK, you must be posting from an i-phone or something, so i must ask for some clarifications. Did you mean that a woman's death doesn't really count as a death or human death? Did you mean "does the beating of a woman warrant being beaten to death"?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This thread is about to take a terrible turn, a mod needs to get in on this cuz things are starting to sound ignorant and anti-semetic.