Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Florida School Board Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 02:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have the same sentiment about not being able to carry on school grounds. If I carry there I am not any more likely to hurt a child than I am unarmed. If some idiot decides to pull a columbine while I am dropping my kid off or picking him up then I am damn sight more likely to be able to stop it if I am armed.

There is no reason to ever disarm a responsible adult. I would arm any teacher that wanted to be armed. I might require some kind of safety training first but if a shooter shows up a handful of armed teachers might save a lot of lives.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #12

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelt View Post
There is no reason to ever disarm a responsible adult. I would arm any teacher that wanted to be armed. I might require some kind of safety training first but if a shooter shows up a handful of armed teachers might save a lot of lives.
I'm in education and a part of me totally agrees.

Except, the classroom is a place where an expected behavior is kids wrapping their arms and hands around a teacher's waist while hugging them. On a regular basis children place their hands or arms in spots on my body where I would normally carry a handgun. That would be very awkward if I was carrying. In adult society, I have NEVER had someone touch me around my waist. In kid society, it happens all the time. Just a thought...

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The hole idea of a teacher carrying a gun in school or having one in there desk is really a bad idea, kids get into teacher stuff all the time when they leave the room or are not looking, and as for them carrying them on them kids hug teacher like the other guy said they would know. I personally am thinking of 12 foot tall electric fences with barbwire, metal detecters, sniper towers, and armed security guards at stations like a prison but with cheerleaders. My old school the police station was less then three hundred yards away, sadly they moved it over near the new court house which more like 1/2 a mile and surrounded by heavy traffic.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 01-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #14

Around your waist is not the only place you can carry. Maybe pocket carry would be better or ankle carry. If nothing else have a weapons locker that teachers have keys to. It would not be ideal but secure and much better than nothing.