Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Florida School Board Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Florida School Board Shooting

You guys see that video? Where I work I attend meetings like that often and I am prohibited from legally carrying.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I guess I'd have to see the "rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" rule.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5451 Times on 2845 Posts
Likes Given: 350

rules and laws have yet to ever stop a crime from occuring. go back through recorded history and you will see criminals breaking laws. if they didnt break laws there would be no crime... so just passing antigun laws and rules means you have disarmed everyone but the criminals.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelt View Post
You guys see that video? Where I work I attend meetings like that often and I am prohibited from legally carrying.
The whole time I was thinking that I wished one of those board members was armed and trained.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #5

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Wow, I watched that video and I'm not exactly sure I would have drawn on the dude. There was perhaps a time when he was looking away I would have, but he already had the gun out (and one must assume he is well-trained) and there are others around.

Hindsight says, "He is going to fire on us anyway, I might as well shoot first."

But I just don't know whether I would have escalated by drawing and firing on him. I don't know...

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 12-27-2010, 11:33 PM   #6

We have a deputy at all our meetings. Of course a smart shooter would take him out first. I mentioned to the deputy that I wished I could legally carry to those meetings. He said something like "I sure wont arrest you for it".

If one of those guys had been armed he could have probably drawn under the podium without the bad guy seeing it. A little Hon Solo action maybe.....

Old 12-29-2010, 07:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelt View Post

If one of those guys had been armed he could have probably drawn under the podium without the bad guy seeing it. A little Hon Solo action maybe.....

Just a couple bug guns.

Last edited by vezpa; 12-29-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

How many massacres have to happen before someone realizes that law-abiding citizens with CCW would prevent these things from happening, not cause them? I know the April 16 massacre at Virginia Tech as well as the Ft Hood incident could've been stopped (or at least lessened) with more armed civilians walking around.

Every anti-gun campaign I see just pisses me off. It's like people are preventing murderous criminals from getting hurt.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:32 AM   #9

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I totally agree with your sentiment. But the "Ft. Hood incident" was on a base. I don't think there were civilians walking around that medical facility.

I wish the military brass in all branches would become stronger supporters of firearms. It seems odd to me how anti-gun the military leadership is.

Weird...

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 01-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
But the "Ft. Hood incident" was on a base. I don't think there were civilians walking around that medical facility.
You're right, no civilians...I definitely misspoke. However, a higher proliferation of weapons across the population. On base, only the on-duty MP are allowed weapons. That, to me, is at least slightly more ridiculous than banning concealed carry for civilians.

My point was simply that if more people had access to guns in all situations, crap like 4/16/07 and Ft Hood and Colombine might not happen. Imagine what one trained/armed person could've done in any of those situations, much less a few dozen.