Florida gun statute unconstitutional? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Florida gun statute unconstitutional?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 04:43 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ok. Fl. has a provision that allows for a firearm to be in your vehicle. It must be in the glove compartment, center console or rearward most luggage compartment. The law does not state or imply that it should be locker or not, loaded or not or even in a holster. The statute clearly says " not on or under the front seat. This information is available at the Fl. Dept. of Agriculture.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #12

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Now, if we can only do something about the fact we have the highest insurance rates in the country due to terrible roads and terrible drivers...
For starters, you guys could get rid of the drive through liquor stores. No, not the ones where you can buy a 6-pack of beer cans to take home, I'm talking about the ones where they give you a margarita on ice in a styrofoam cup, with a plastic lid, and nothing more than a piece of tape of the straw hole so its not considered an "open container"

haha!!

Old 08-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #13

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Hey now thats not nice... But pretty funny when u think about. I live us south fl n sometime pass thur some bad areas that being said I dont think I would open carry people dont know how to act when 'gun' is the topic. Up it does happen when sittin down a at a restaurant or getting out of your car it may show so in that situation it would help us

Old 08-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #14

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

ALL gun control laws are un-constitutional, "shall not be infringed" was wording put in place to make that clear. Good luck challenging any of the laws on constitution grounds, since nobody in the gov give a rats azz whats in the constitution, especially the supreme court.

Old 08-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #15

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

Atleast we have someone fighting, although I'm with the rest of you I rather carry concealed. I have a 6 mon old so with all the extra up n down I know I've had some slippage a few times tho..lets keep our fingers crossed...

Old 08-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #16

Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesbassin View Post
Umm Florida has the castle doctrine and your vehicle is an extension of that so yes you can have a firearm in your car without a ccw. It has to be in a lockable box that being a firearm case where a lock can be put on or your glove box. You can't have it on your person or under your seat readily available but you can have it in the vehicle.
Nope nope .... it can be under your seat as long as its in a holster and its concealed , it can be in any zippered bag or box no lock required. glove box center console . technically on a seat with a towel over it in a holster. As long as it is concealed and it out of sight. Although I wouldn't test the towel on the seat method.

Also that 3 steps before it can be fired myth is also just a myth. It can be locked cocked and ready to go

Last edited by Gh0zt36; 08-25-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #17

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36

Nope nope .... it can be under your seat as long as its in a holster and its concealed , it can be in any zippered bag or box no lock required. glove box center console . technically on a seat with a towel over it in a holster. As long as it is concealed and it out of site. Although I wouldn't test the towel on the seat method.

Also that 3 steps before it can be fired myth is also just a myth. It can be locked cocked and ready to go
Yes, as long as its in a Snapped holster it can basically be anywere.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #18

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Ghost,
I was under the impression that FL laws like AZ are meant to be interpretted loosely, I was actually a little surprissed by the question.

FL and AZ are still the wild west. But I'm rusty on the laws as I don't carry much anymore anyway.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #19

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sorry, when I said readily available I ment unholstered just grab and go. And yea that three step rule is totally bogus but it scares the pants off people. Im ccw'er so I have mine no matter what unless stated in the "places not to go" on the department of agriculture. People like to try to make their own rules and regulations here for some reason, I guess because things are stated so loosely in the rules for non concealed carriers.