Florida carry-concealed law question - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Florida carry-concealed law question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

In Florida, expunged case(s) return your rights. The problem is getting the case expunged, not easy to do. Your problems were as a child and if not found guilty in adult court you may be okay. As an adult I know one person, not convicted, but adjudication withheld, who had the case expunged. Permit issued.

People here gave you good choices. Get a book and read it for your state was the best one. Ask an attorney was okay. Apply for a permit and if refused you will know. Better fing out if you are allowed to even have a gun in your possession. Doing so might land you in prison. Cops may arrest you, they enforce. They do not judge. The judge decides the case or a jury if requested.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #12

Default fl ccw question

is there any way i can get a FL CCW without having to do an instructional class?can i just send in a copy of my dd214 or 2-1 showing my handgun qualification from fort bragg?

Old 01-09-2010, 07:06 AM   #13

Liked 1452 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by failure_drill View Post
is there any way i can get a FL CCW without having to do an instructional class?can i just send in a copy of my dd214 or 2-1 showing my handgun qualification from fort bragg?
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/florida.pdf

From the site:

o Get verification of training that satisfies the training requirement. The application lists
acceptable documents. Make a photocopy to send with the application as an original cannot be
returned. Persons serving in the United States Armed Forces may submit a copy of their
Military ID Card to satisfy the training requirement.

Concealed Weapons or Firearm Program - Division of Licensing, FDACS

From the site:

Form/Publication Request 790 - Division of Licensing, FDACS

Unless you are serving overseas in the United States Armed Forces, you must currently reside in the United States (US) AND be a US citizen or deemed a lawful permanent resident alien by Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). If you are serving overseas in the US Armed Forces, submit a copy of your deployment documentation with your application. If you are not a US citizen, submit documentation issued by the USCIS proving you are a permanent legal resident alien with proof you have resided in the state of residence (as shown on your application) for at least 90 consecutive days prior to the date the application is submitted.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-09-2010, 07:10 AM   #14

awesome!thanks much!imma go do that when i get off duty!

Old 01-22-2010, 02:34 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I have a criminal mischief class c felony on my juvinile record and i am a ccw holder in the state of alabama don't know if that helps but thats my experience in the matter oh and i comitted that felony when i was 16

Old 02-27-2010, 03:10 AM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Your best bet is to speak with an attorney - one that SPECIALIZES in getting records cleaned up. And do it soon as in most states it can take a while and you will probably have to appear in court to explain yourself and how you are doing now under oath.

I have a problem with the fact that there were THREE felonies, but what you have going for you is that you were 14 and I don't know about FL but many states will take that into HEAVY consideration in deciding to expunge your record.

Your best bet is to go through an attorney; your felony conviction may have come with a standard set of terms - one of them being that you may not ever be in possession of firearms, ammunition, explosives, etc., for the rest of your life.

And this is not something that you want to start messing around with yourself as 3 felonies may equal 3 strikes, right?

Get the information under the table immediately - in other words stop talking about it. And get it under lawyer/client privilege immediately.

It would be interesting to know if this has affected any other aspects of your life such as voting, military service, job opportunities, passport applications, etc., as an indicator of whether or not these felonies were lumped together and buried after a period of time or when you reached the age of majority, or by a parent without your recollection, or whatever.

Regardless, you need to get to an attorney immediately and get this under attorney/client privileged confidentiality.