Florida carry-concealed law question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Florida carry-concealed law question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Florida carry-concealed law question

Hello I am new to this forum and did a quick search with no results. I am shopping around for a gun but when I was 14 I committed three felonies and was wondering if that will effect me getting a concealed permit in florida. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #2

Have you purchased or tried to purchase a firearm from a dealer...the instant check will fill in the blanks on your status for you.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:29 AM   #3

I live in florida and I dont think you will be able to get a CCW with a felony record....sorry buddy but that is part of the screening process

Springfield XD-9 Subcompact
Taurus Model 605 .357 Mag
Kel-Tec P32
Ruger 10-22
Winchester 1300 Rifled Deer Slug (Tactical)
Saiga 7.62x39

Old 01-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

If you have a felony on your record, you can't legally own a firearm, let alone carry one. I'm not sure how your age at the time may have affected your record.

I'd recommend talking to a lawyer or at least a paralegal about researching your record and go from there.

If you have purchased a firearm from a dealer (filling out all the paperwork) it's a good bet there is no felony showing on your record.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 01-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #5

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Can you vote?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #6

Concealed Weapon or Firearm License Preliminary Eligibility Determination, Division of Licensing - FDACS

Answer the questions then you will know

Old 01-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #7

Liked 176 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Like others have said-if you are cleared to buy a firearm them you also should be allowed a CCW.Hang in there if you can't get one,I can't get my CCW either.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:11 AM   #8

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyptre View Post
Hello I am new to this forum and did a quick search with no results. I am shopping around for a gun but when I was 14 I committed three felonies and was wondering if that will effect me getting a concealed permit in florida. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hard to tell exactly from your question whether you are now confessing to having committed 3 felonies, were accused or were convicted. In any case most juvenile convictions are sealed or expunged. Not sure if NICS gets past that, that's a question for a lawyer.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-03-2010, 03:10 AM   #9

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I don't know about anyone else, but when I need legal advice I ALWAYS turn to the interwebz...

Like others have said, check with a lawyer or at least the local sheriff's dept.

3 felonies at 14 is hard to come by.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #10

You probably will not qualify to obtain a concealed carry permit.

Have those felonies been expunged from your record? Florida state law states that you cannot be convicted of a felony. It does not mention anything about having them expunged from your record. Like what was mentioned earlier, you may not qualify to even own a firearm. This is where I agree with the others stating you need to speak to a lawyer.