Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Florida carry-concealed law question (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/florida-carry-concealed-law-question-8133/)

cyptre 11-01-2008 11:34 PM

Florida carry-concealed law question

Hello I am new to this forum and did a quick search with no results. I am shopping around for a gun but when I was 14 I committed three felonies and was wondering if that will effect me getting a concealed permit in florida. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dgunsmith 11-02-2008 04:03 PM

Have you purchased or tried to purchase a firearm from a dealer...the instant check will fill in the blanks on your status for you.

CodyWalkerJr 01-02-2010 05:29 AM

I live in florida and I dont think you will be able to get a CCW with a felony record....sorry buddy but that is part of the screening process

utf59 01-02-2010 02:33 PM

If you have a felony on your record, you can't legally own a firearm, let alone carry one. I'm not sure how your age at the time may have affected your record.

I'd recommend talking to a lawyer or at least a paralegal about researching your record and go from there.

If you have purchased a firearm from a dealer (filling out all the paperwork) it's a good bet there is no felony showing on your record.

canebrake 01-02-2010 03:08 PM

Can you vote?

Safetyguy 01-02-2010 06:12 PM

Concealed Weapon or Firearm License Preliminary Eligibility Determination, Division of Licensing - FDACS

Answer the questions then you will know

ninjatoth 01-02-2010 09:03 PM

Like others have said-if you are cleared to buy a firearm them you also should be allowed a CCW.Hang in there if you can't get one,I can't get my CCW either.

Jpyle 01-03-2010 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyptre (Post 48204)
Hello I am new to this forum and did a quick search with no results. I am shopping around for a gun but when I was 14 I committed three felonies and was wondering if that will effect me getting a concealed permit in florida. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hard to tell exactly from your question whether you are now confessing to having committed 3 felonies, were accused or were convicted. In any case most juvenile convictions are sealed or expunged. Not sure if NICS gets past that, that's a question for a lawyer.

skullcrusher 01-03-2010 03:10 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but when I need legal advice I ALWAYS turn to the interwebz...:rolleyes:

Like others have said, check with a lawyer or at least the local sheriff's dept.

3 felonies at 14 is hard to come by.

Southeast of Disorder 01-03-2010 08:16 PM

You probably will not qualify to obtain a concealed carry permit.

Have those felonies been expunged from your record? Florida state law states that you cannot be convicted of a felony. It does not mention anything about having them expunged from your record. Like what was mentioned earlier, you may not qualify to even own a firearm. This is where I agree with the others stating you need to speak to a lawyer.