Flashbang holster
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Flashbang holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 05:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Flashbang holster

Has anyone used one or have a wife/GF that uses one?

My GF just got her CCW and is buying a pistol. She has decided on the flashbang holster for concealed carry, but we are both wondering what it's like carrying all day with an alloy framed revolver. She would like to carry an ultralight 2" 38 special, but wants to know how comfortable carrying a revolver is with this style of holster.

She does quite a bit of walking and wants something that will be comfortable to carry. She doesn't like the recoil of the tiny 380's and doesn't seem to shoot them as well as her dad's ultralight S&W snubbie. She also want's something with laser grips as she does quite a bit of walking on the beach in the evenings with the dog.

We just wanted to know if anyone on here has or knows someone that uses this style of holster and what their take on it is. If the 38 is a pain to carry, then her next choice is a keltec p32, which I used to own and she loved to shoot.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-15-2015, 05:46 AM   #2

Liked 551 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 649

My daughter would like to hear the report also.

jonnyshooter Likes This 
Old 06-15-2015, 02:49 PM   #3

Liked 331 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 36

here what your lady can do and deside for herself . You can look up the weight of a handgun and add 4oz for ammo . You may have about 18oz add a few more for holster weight - 20oz ?? Now fill small snack bag - zip lock bag with change till it weight the same assuming you have a scale of some kind . She can tape it to a bra and you lady friend can wear around the house . Then she will know how it feels . maybe a 380 like a TCP would work better maybe a holster like a 3speed holster will work better . If she's a pants wear'n lady work at iwb and a slim 380 or 9mm pistol not revolver . Its easy to hide under even a loosely tucked shirt

Old 06-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I know a lady that carried a LCP that way. She didn't carry in front she hung it under her armpit. I can't see it being comfortable with 20oz. hanging between the Breasts.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #5

Liked 551 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 649

Going by published weights my daughters Bersa Thunder in 380 fully loaded will weigh 21 1/2oz.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:43 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chup View Post
I know a lady that carried a LCP that way. She didn't carry in front she hung it under her armpit. I can't see it being comfortable with 20oz. hanging between the Breasts.
It fits under the breasts. My GF has fake bewbs, so this shouldn't be an issue.

I was just wondering if anyone had first hand experience with this setup.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:42 PM   #7

Liked 331 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Let her figure it out . Picking the holster is no different from picking a handgun . There cheap , she will figure it out . Don't forget the lady did and shot her self in the head looking over her , a ,, while reholstering !!

Old 06-16-2015, 03:39 PM   #8

Liked 51 Times on 40 Posts

Johnny... Seems to me if you can hold them in your hands they aren't fake... At least...not in my book... Just receipted... Ha!

Old 06-17-2015, 04:23 AM   #9
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2879 Times on 1580 Posts
Likes Given: 810

The S&W J frame weighs 16 oz loaded with 135 grain Gold Dot +PLE and a CT Laser Boot Grip. The Ruger LCR might weigh a little less and the polymer might be better next to the skin.

Last edited by JTJ; 06-17-2015 at 04:25 AM.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:03 AM   #10
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1465 Times on 772 Posts
Likes Given: 634

My wife and two friends actually use Flashbang holsters, so this is actual experience and not theory. I can tell you that they all commented that revolvers are a bit less comfortable to carry but not prohibitively so. Most holsters require the user to wear them constantly for 30 days to make carry feel natural, but all three agreed that they got comfortable with the Flashbang much quicker. You will have to match clothing with the holster, as some pieces of wardrobe "print" worse than others. You will also need to practice drawing, as it's not exactly intuitive.

Something worth mentioning is that the Flashbangs are optimum in comfort for women who have a B/C cup. Smaller than that and concealment may be compromised, larger and there may be comfort issues. For larger women, if they find the Flashbang sharp on the corners or slightly "gouging," small pieces of the "loop" side of Velcro tape can be used to soften the corners. It stays put and doesn't come off under normal use.

This, like any other holster, must be tested in actual use. Make sure to give it more than a couple of days use, as it takes the body time to get used to changes such as this. Make sure to use the company's return policy to exchange any holster that doesn't work for you and ultimately find one that is the ideal combination of comfort and concealment. Keep in mind what Clint Smith at Thunder Ranch said: "Concealed carry is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Last edited by TekGreg; 06-17-2015 at 11:06 AM.
People Like This