First Time I Had To Use My Gun - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > First Time I Had To Use My Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 03:46 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I see you're probably talking about a separate flashlight, not a weaponlight.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:46 AM   #22

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Yeah, maybe. Tough to hold a light mounted on a firearm to the side....especially a shotgun.
well on a shotgun maybee. Handgun grab a handheld light

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:52 AM   #23
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It's a good idea to practice at your own home. Get up in the dark of night and walk about, see the shadows the choke points in your home. Go outside and walk around your home looking at the same things. While you might believe you know your home/land well you will know it a lot better after several trips through it in the dark of night. Something you should do once a month.

I respect a shotgun, I have a short barrel mosy with pistol grips front and back but it isn't the firearm I would use to clear my home as it is too big. I want a firearm I can use with one hand and fire several rounds if needed with out pumping the action. The shotgun is a plan B firearm for me.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #24

I have trained with holding the flashlight in my non firing hand supporting my firing hand with a handgun at the range during low light shooting I'm not sure how comfortable I would be if I had a light mounted to my handgun. My small flashlight has a tailcap button so for me this works just fine. Havent practiced at home yet but I think I will give it a go tonight.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
I feel tough with my pistol when i'm sitting around the house,but when I go outside like that,I feel very uneasy with just a pistol.I should invest in a pump 12ga.All I got now is a single shot 20ga with a broken trigger guard and a single shot .410.
NT, my ole crusty mossy is my most comforting firearm. If i could only keep one of them, it would be the one, not perfect by any stretch but very versatile, especially with the option of my 18.5" barrel or the 28" that came on it. The best thing about it is that i've hunted with it or very similar firearms MUCH more than i've practiced or target shot with my XD45 or the SKS or anything else i've got. When it's hitting the fan, i bleve i will want a defense i'm practiced and comfortable with & that is the Mossy.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 03-14-2010 at 02:31 PM.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #26

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I personally don't put much faith in the mystical 12 gauge pump sound scaring away anyone. The reassuring heft of my already loaded XD or 1911 is much more reassuring and preferred.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 03-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #27

Get yourself a good zombie killer and load it with light buckshot or heavy birdshot...your family members/neighbors will live to thank you...

Old 03-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #28
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

There is a place for every gun.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #29

Liked 176 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I would love to have a loaded shotgun lying around,but I just can't do it with my 3 year old here.I like how I can load up my pistol and stash it away where my child could never get to it,but I would need some ideas of how to safely keep a loaded shotgun around.Being prepared goes completely against what you learn in hunter's safety class,but if you are fumbling in the dark with shotgun shells,you are as good as dead anyways.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 03-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #30
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Kids do make it difficult. There is no such thing as a safe hiding place with kids.