Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > First Time I Had To Use My Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 12:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

A decent 12 ga. makes for one of the best home defense weapons one could have. And you can get a pretty good one for not a lot of money.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:17 AM   #12

Liked 1637 Times on 924 Posts
Likes Given: 1092

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
A decent 12 ga. makes for one of the best home defense weapons one could have. And you can get a pretty good one for not a lot of money.
Oh, I am not disagreeing with you. A 12 gauge is a powerful weapon. But I already have a massive storage problem. And if it came down to it, I think looking down the barrel of my SKS with the Tapco Stock, Red Dot Scope, and 20 round magazine hanging out of it would stop someone in their tracks.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:23 AM   #13

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Oh, I am not disagreeing with you. A 12 gauge is a powerful weapon. But I already have a massive storage problem. And if it came down to it, I think looking down the barrel of my SKS with the Tapco Stock, Red Dot Scope, and 20 round magazine hanging out of it would stop someone in their tracks.
Yes but it has been psychologically proven that the sound of a round entering the chamber of the 12 gauge shotgun is one of the scariest noises in the world. Next to being on the ground and hearing a B-52 coming at ya

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:35 AM   #14

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
LED flashlights are great for not illuminating the user.
Can you explain please.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 03-14-2010, 03:36 AM   #15

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Yes but it has been psychologically proven that the sound of a round entering the chamber of the 12 gauge shotgun is one of the scariest noises in the world. Next to being on the ground and hearing a B-52 coming at ya
Why dont you have a shell in the chamber already?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 03-14-2010, 03:37 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Can you explain please.
Light emitting Diode (LED) flashlights have a focus light pattern and therefore tend to not illuminate what is behind the light. way better than a standard bulb

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:39 AM   #17

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Light emitting Diode (LED) flashlights have a focus light pattern and therefore tend to not illuminate what is behind the light. way better than a standard bulb
Yeah, but I would think that a bad guy could just shoot at the light and find his target pretty easily.......?

Old 03-14-2010, 03:40 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Why dont you have a shell in the chamber already?
You can hear that sound from a distance, once heard most intelligent folks, even dumb criminals don't stick around to find out who is coming. I had someone try to get in my window one night when i was a kid, i told dad, he jacked a round in the riot gun and the guy was hauling ass thru the front yard b4 pops got out the front door. Guy crapped his shorts in the yard when the naked guy come running out and illuminated him with the flashlight attached to said shotgun

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

Old 03-14-2010, 03:41 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Yeah, but I would think that a bad guy could just shoot at the light and find his target pretty easily.......?
the option to avoid that is to hold the light out to the side, if they light is shot you may still survive

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

Old 03-14-2010, 03:44 AM   #20

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
the option to avoid that is to hold the light out to the side, if they light is shot you may still survive
Yeah, maybe. Tough to hold a light mounted on a firearm to the side....especially a shotgun.