Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > First full day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
You'll get over it. After a while it will seem strange to not have it on you or with you. I decided early on that if I could get it past my wife, no one else would notice so I tried wearing it a few places without telling her. She didn't know until we got home and I took it off.
Take some time, play with location and maybe a couple of holsters. Make sure it's comfortable or you won't likely being carrying long.
+1 on this above and I also found it helpful to spend some time checking myself in the mirror before I would leave the house to make sure that I am not printing, and I also recruited a few of my friends when we would go out some where to tell me when ever they "thought" they could tell that I was CC-ing (printing) and if so to tell me where "they thought" my weapon was located, sometimes they couldn't tell at all and sometimes they even got the location wrong .
Hope this helps.

N.D.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Since when??? There's nothin' like dropping an SBD as you stroll the isle.
Church in Texas must be alot more relaxed than here in Pa.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:05 PM   #13

Thanks for all the great advice!

I found a guy locally who makes holsters and picked up a handmade, leather OWB for my gun. It's really comfortable and it rides high. I did spend about 15 minutes in front of the mirror Saturday. You'd think I had a hot date or something.. LOL

I'm probably going to pick up a super tuck or similar just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Again, thanks for the advice.

Kodiak.

‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
— Mahatma Ghandi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", page 446

Old 02-03-2010, 03:46 AM   #14

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I carried a blade or two up until my 21 birthday so the feeling didnt change much, I dont consider myself a paranoid person as much as a man who is well aware of his surroundings. I learned to make this a habit when i started carrying a knife as a teenager.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 03-20-2010, 03:14 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

I've carried for years and have my second CHL in Texas. I put at least 50,000 miles on my little heaters and I feel naked without one of them. Wallet, pocket knife, piece......just like that every time I leave the house.

As stated above, please resist the temptation to confide in anyone. View the piece just like a pimple on your personal parts. It's personal, private and not a topic of conversation.

Flash

Old 03-20-2010, 03:36 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER4314 View Post
I've carried for years and have my second CHL in Texas. I put at least 50,000 miles on my little heaters and I feel naked without one of them. Wallet, pocket knife, piece......just like that every time I leave the house.

As stated above, please resist the temptation to confide in anyone. View the piece just like a pimple on your personal parts. It's personal, private and not a topic of conversation.

Flash

That is most prudent advice I wish I had taken it, but too late for that now.

N.D.

N.D.

"Carefully, and steadfastly, honor your word or be worthless" me