Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > First encounter with a "looney" while carrying

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 12:48 AM   #21
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1909 Times on 1044 Posts
Likes Given: 699

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 06-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #22

Default We both carry

Man.. People are starting to act agressive to the general public. Yall handled that very well. Shows real restraint.. My wife and I got our CCL about 4 years ago. We have never been treated that way. How long did the whole event take? 10 seconds, 1 minute? Do you guys think there is any way of avoiding a situation like that? It is sad when Americans act like that.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Well done

A armed society is a polite society is what I have been told. I had a guy come to my door awhile back trying to sell me something that not even he knew what it was. He didn't have anything in his hands that he was selling, no ticket book, nothing. When he wasn't getting anywhere with me, he started reaching for something in his back pocket. When he did that, I pulled my ccw and drew down on him. He raised his hands, and backed off the porch and left. I called the police and reported it. Nothing has happened since. Crazy people are out there and it's growing daily. About a month ago, one of my deacons in my church I pastor got up of a morning and opened his front door. His wife was sitting in the living room with her house robe on. Within a few minutes they heard and saw someone crashing into their living room, shut the door and knelt behind the door. He told them to shut up, and be quiet because the police was looking for him. My deacon has a ccw permit to carry a gun, but it wasn't on him that morning. Fortunately his wife saw a police officer walking by one of the windows and had the courage to knock on the window. The man then ran out the back door where he was tased and handcuffed. I have thought about that from time to time and have wondered what would of happened if that man would have had a gun and tried to take this couple hostage. My deacon now, I think, sleeps with his gun probably, or at least puts it on the night stand and doesn't open the doors in the morning any more unless he is carrying. it is a sad day when old folks can't open their door in the morning to let a little light in without standing guard. Last year I decided to take my two oldest daughters night fishing at the city lake. I love to fish for catfish at night. About 11:30 pm three middle aged men walked into my camp without asking and came toward me. I saw them and stood up and put my lawn chair between me and them. They looked crazy to me. didn't say much and then looked at my daughters. They stepped back and starting talking to themselves and after a few minutes started toward me again, but when I raised my shirt and they saw my 1911, they didn't want any part of that so they left without a sound. Can't be to careful now days. I guess my 1911 makes a pretty big statement when it has to. I love my .45!

Last edited by revandy; 06-05-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #24
cbw

This whole incident went on for about 30- 45 seconds. Not much time to do a lot of thinking. It's funny the other day the wife asked if my LCP would fit in her pocket! It barley does with the Nemesis holster (her pocket is so small) prints kinda of bad.

[The odds are always 50/50

Old 06-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #25

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

This is another of endless examples that in a critical situation (which this was becoming very quickly), onlookers do NOT help. Most people in society are dumbfounded that something is happening, people think that someone ELSE should help, and as a result watch and do nothing.

We are responsible to protect ourselves when nobody helps. Perhaps WE will be the person who helps and doesn't watch lamely as this sort of thing occurs.

Sheepdogs.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 06-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #26

Liked 315 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
This is another of endless examples that in a critical situation (which this was becoming very quickly), onlookers do NOT help. Most people in society are dumbfounded that something is happening, people think that someone ELSE should help, and as a result watch and do nothing.

We are responsible to protect ourselves when nobody helps. Perhaps WE will be the person who helps and doesn't watch lamely as this sort of thing occurs.

Sheepdogs.
Yeah thats a fact-a SAD fact.People in this nation have been conditioned to 'let the authorities handle it'.

I'll let the authorities come and draw chalk lines around the bad guys.
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 06-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #27

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

You say you both are disabled? I would be willing to bet those two noticed something to that effect and thought it be fun to harass people that would not be able to fight back real well. I'm not saying you would not be able to. I have no idea your level of disability. But some see anything "not normal" and will exploit it for weakness. I have a messed up back and sometimes walk on a cane. I have had things like that happen when in stores. Once to the point the guy grabbed for my cane and I smacked him in the head with it. They thought about charges until they had people say the guy started on me because I was not moving fast enough for him and I offered to level charges of assault on a disabled person (Ky has some laws like that. Not all states do). I get around pretty good most days and I do not have the handicap plate or anything. I figure I'll get that later if need be. So far so good.

It seems people seem more violent these days. Especially if they see behavior that signals perceived weakness. I am sorry you and your wife had to go through that. You seemed to handle it pretty well though.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #28
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 693 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 729

That's terrible. I'm glad to hear it didn't go outside. For both you and him.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.