Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > First encounter with a "looney" while carrying

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
cbw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default First encounter with a "looney" while carrying

I've been carrying now for about 7 months and I like it, I'm to old to run and smart enough (I believe) to know when to use my weapon. Well the wife and I are shopping at a major department store the other night when we ran into a loony. We are both handicapped and need to lean on a chair or a rack to try things on, well we are looking at shoes for me, when this younger woman pushes past my wife and mumbles something about getting out the isle. I was trying on shoes and her husband had manged to go over one isle and work his way behind me. My wife asked what she had said and this lady went off on her, telling her to get out of the isle and out of her way or she would be sorry. Next thing I know this woman is down on all fours trash talking to my wife saying some real nasty stuff about how and where she like to take it...you get my drift. The woman shoved here chest into my wifes and asked her to"take it outside", her husband kicked in something that started to get me going.

My wife can handle her own, but I had to speak up at this point, so I said "this is not my business but your talking to my wife and I don't think you want me involved". The husband goes off and here comes more of the bring it outside stuff. I told him I was not scared at all and he declared that I was shaking in my boots. Then his wife moves into my wife's face even closer, my wife yells, do not touch me, get out of my face. After his wife attempts to push my wife back with her fake boobs, my wife had had enough and shoved her back. She flew back like a rag doll. Her husband grabbed her from behind and said"I've had enough of this" and drug her off. She did manage to grab a shoe form another rack and whip it at my wife, missing her but it bounced around and skimmed another guy shopper.

I had no intention of dong anything but holding onto his wife after she hit my wife staying in the store and calling 911 for the police. Have people gone insane. This guy was maybe 5'10 190 I'm 6'1" 335. What happen to common cursorily and respect for elders (to a point).

An Asian woman who was shopping asked us if they were our friends, made me sad to be an American thinking that others think this is the way we act!

[The odds are always 50/50

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2687 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Sign of the times we are in. The loons are not bat $hit crazy. The weirdos are now loons and the odd balls are now in the weirdo class.

Mental health has definately taken a step back.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 05-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

That is nuts! I aplaud your restraint in not smacking anyone upside the head.

Did you report the problem to the store manager? I doubt the store would particularly want those two back for more, and the store might have a pic of them on the surveillance system that could be used to 86 them from the store in a permanent fashion.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I'm very sorry that happened to you and your wife. I can't believe how some people act in public,but it is getting worse. Sign of the times I guess. Sounds like crap that happened to me in school,sheesh.

You did the best you could do and it certainly wasn't a time to draw your weapon,yet.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It sounds like you and your wife handled things as well as possible under the circumstances.

Unfortunately, our society in general has become irrational and self obsessed, not to mention downright obnoxious.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-26-2010, 01:47 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8615 Times on 3733 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

One of the nice things about going to a pistol match- EVERYBODY is well spoken and polite. Everyone also has a .45 on their belt.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 05-26-2010, 03:13 AM   #7
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about this happening to you and your wife. Sounds like you both handled the situation as well as you could have. Also a good reminder why we carry just incase the nut cases were waiting in the parking lot for round two.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:47 AM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Good thing I wasn't there. I do not tolerate that kind of stuff. Thing the big guy would be trying to suck air through a swollen windpipe and the lady, well she wasn't being a lady so she would have been treated in the same fashion as the man. No call for that.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm sorry you had to deal with it but it sounds like you handled things well. I agree with robo, sign of the times. People are getting crazier by the day.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Well handled.

I wonder how many coward store employees were just staring instead of kickin this a$$hole out.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!