First Ccw Weapon-M&p9c or Sr9c

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > First Ccw Weapon-M&p9c or Sr9c

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Default First Ccw Weapon-M&p9c or Sr9c

Going to start the process soon of getting my Chl. My current pistol is a Cz75b. I'm 5'9" 130 lbs and don't see it being a good option as my carry gun. So I've done my research and its brought me to these two weapons. Haven't handled either as of yet, but wanted some insight into the two of them first so i can have a little better idea of comparing them. What are some pros and cons you have found and has anyone had reliability issues with either?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #2

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

I have a buddy who loves his SR9,but hates the SR9c. I'll ask him what he doesn't like about it and update you if this thread is still on going then.

But my personal carry gun is an MP9c, it's going to be slightly thicker than your SR9c or glock but I love mine now,that's not to say I always loved it though,I could not deal with the stock grip,and heavily modified mine to fit my needs.

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1396909920.034810.jpg

Other than my gripe with the grip it's awesome,great size,very accurate,stock mags hold a respectable 12 rounds and it points right for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-08-2014, 12:39 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Does the hinge trigger take a lot of getting used to or was it pretty easily adapted?

Old 04-08-2014, 01:08 AM   #4

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

It didn't strike me as particularly hard to get used to,I don't shoot it as well as my single action sig or 1911 but I attribute that to the nature of the striker fired trigger more so than the hinge in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-08-2014, 01:34 AM   #5

Liked 104 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I use a SR9c as my cc gun and find myself shooting that most often just for fun. Never had a issue with it, like the fact it has a safety, is easy to field strip and feels good in my hand. Also came with 2 mags and a grip extender for the 17 round mag that makes it feel like a full size gun. I guess I really can't say anything bad about it after about 1000 rounds and 3 years of carry. Never dealt with the M&P but have never heard anything bad about that one either.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 04-08-2014, 03:50 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Is the safety easily engaged? I would probably carry it without it on if i picked it. My ideal carry would be something like my full size cz. But i like the idea of not having a safety to deal with at the same time.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:07 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I have an M&P9c. I love it. Haven't put too many factory rounds through it, as most of the time I have owned it I lived in Kalifornia and could never find 9mm at a reasonable price. Probably have 500-1000 through it. Never had a malfunction with factory ammo.

It fits my hand well, points well for me, and is just a great shooter.

My only complaint is the reset for the trigger. I don't mind the trigger pull itself. But the reset bothers me.

My wife has an M&P9 full size and hers was a rental gun before we bought it. Consequently it has a lot more rounds through it than mine. Her reset (or lack thereof) isn't as noticable as mine while firing.

So maybe the reset on mine will get better too? If it doesn't, I will likely get an Apex kit for it. They're not that expensive and I hear they are amazing.

I have zero experience with the SR series of pistols.

Good luck in your decision. See if you can find them both locally and hold them. Shoot them if possible.

Always have clean socks.

Last edited by JW357; 04-08-2014 at 05:10 AM.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #8
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3357 Times on 2271 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I have no Gripe with the S&W's. I own a full Sized SR9, which lately has had a few ups and downs, but is a strait shooter. My buddy has a 40c which he loves, and carries daily, but feels the 3/8ths of an inch makes a difference past 15yards. My BHP and 92's are all Heavier, because the SR's are part Polymer. You can't go wrong either way. Had also had a 9c but sold it right away, not because I didn't like it, just felt with the LC & the Full sized SR, I didn't need it..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 04-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 52 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Why not a CZ PCR for carry?

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan

Old 04-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #10
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3059 Times on 1759 Posts
Likes Given: 1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by czfreak View Post
Does the hinge trigger take a lot of getting used to or was it pretty easily adapted?
I'm curious.
Is there a CZ (besides Dan Wesson), that does not have a "hinge" trigger?

Or are you talking about the so called safety lever?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)