Firearms around your house
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Firearms around your house

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Firearms around your house

Another thread was just started asking how many firearms you had arond your house ready for action should you need them. My question is how well are they hidden? Are they even hidden? Kind of like the old days when folks just put their pieces above the door frame and fireplace? Or are they strategicly placed and hidden? My worry with having too many firearms around the house locked and loaded (assuming no young'uns are present) was that if an intruder did break into your house and was robbing you, what are the chances of his/her finding one of your weapons?

To share a quote from Zombieland "Oh God, don't shoot me with my own gun!"

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The ones in my bedroom are not hidden at all. They stay on the bedside tables and the shotgun lays just under the bed on my side. The rest in the house...yeah they're hidden

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 12-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #3

Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

From either entrance to my house, there is a corner and at least 15 yards before they get to my room...I share a room with my brother and we both have 12ga. shotguns under our beds in soft cases loaded with the safties on. and in the left side of our closet 9 other guns and in the right side. assorted ammo

Old 12-29-2010, 11:00 PM   #4

Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

There's really no such thing as "hidden" unless you truly have some designed hidden compartment somewhere.

I don't have any desire to arm a burglar. I just carry in my house my little LCP and take a gun out of the safe at night. Otherwise everything is locked up (but EVERYTHING is loaded and ready to go).

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 12-30-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2477 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

I kind of follow Dwight's example...

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 12-30-2010, 01:44 AM   #6

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Just had a new safe delivered today so no more guns lying around. They are all in the safe except the one next to the bed and the 12 ga in the closet. When we are gone any length of time they will all be in the safe. I just carry around the house whatever I had out for the day.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:12 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Im not a collector,so i only have 3 real expensive guns instead of accumulating.2 are always on me or beside me.The other is either in my truck or with me in the house.

Now spare magazines are a different story.I have plenty of ammo in my safe,but if i HAD to leave my bedroom or was caught in another room,i have a spare mag for the AR and for the 1911 in each room,hidden of course.

Benelli MR1 AR-15 with Surefire light/laser.

Benelli M2 with Surefire light.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I don't hide stuff, waiting for a crafty thief to find it, instead I keep three guns on me, along with an assortment of knives. My No-Knock Warrent gun resides in a safe close to the front door. AHHhh, now just waiting for some jack-booted thugs to show up...

Old 12-30-2010, 10:41 PM   #9

Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
I keep three guns on me, along with an assortment of knives.
Wow...now THAT's prepared.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 12-31-2010, 01:47 AM   #10

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

I was just recently able to convert a spare room in my house to my gun room. So I guess this weekend most of them will be in there and a few beside the bed. Just to be safe!!!