Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Finally some ammo for my cc gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default Finally some ammo for my cc gun

Today the UPs man arrived with my .380 ammo. I managed to get 250 rounds for about $100 from Cabelas. Loaded up my Bodyguard and headed to the range. (on my property, about 100 yds from the house) Shot a box of 50, no jams, no FTE...every round just as it should be. The only problem I see will be when it comes time to reload. Of the 50, I probably recovered 25 casings. The Bodyguard ejects the cases quite vigorously...out of the range area, over the "brass catcher" we invented. I don't think I've ever seen a pistol eject the casings 15 to 20 feet before...and that' a conservative guess.
My range is rather narrow, a cut into the woods near my home. 15-20 feet puts the casing into the woods. I guess it's time to buy a large tarp.
Anyway, the Bodyguard is slick, feels good, recoil in such a light gun is not bad and it feels solid in my hand, despite is small size. I would definitelyl reccommend it for CCW use for anyone. Light and small enough for IWB, small enough for ankle or in a purse for the ladies, or a small fanny back for those inclined to carry that way. And of course, just right for a pocket.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2343 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Missouri

You might make you a portable light wood frame with a base plate on each end setting on the ground and one in the middle. You could use sand bags to hold the bases to keep it from blowing over. Then attach a sheet or other light material to the frame. And stand it up beside you when you shoot. Therefore, catching the brass and dropping it down beside your position? Only an idea off the top of my head! Since you advised of the close wooded area. I am experienced with picking up 380 and other small brass even in open grass! LOL!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #3

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Thanks Sniper. I think what we will wind up doing is continuing to use our current system, but set up one of those "easy-up" canopies. Whatever doesn't hit the "brass catcher" will at least be deflected within the area.

dsc01103.jpg