Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Finally!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 05:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Finally!

Got my CWP today! It took the full 60 days, but I'm glad it's here. But I have 2 questions. 1. They put my apartment address on my card instead of my permanent address at my mom's. Does that matter? When I move out of my apt. can I just go in and have them change it? 2. on the back of my permit it lists where i cannot carry my gun, but I'm a little confued about the wording. it says "portion of the establishment liscnesed to dispense alcoholic liquor and malt beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose." I know I can't drink and carry, and I wont, but can I carry into a resturant that serves alcohol, like Chilis? I think it means I can carry at resturants, but I cant sit at the bar. Any help?

Smith&Wesson M&P .45
Beretta 92fs

NRA member since November 16, 2009

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."-V

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2010, 05:19 AM   #2

Liked 369 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1008

thats what it means you cant sit at the bar.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage0113 View Post
Got my CWP today! It took the full 60 days, but I'm glad it's here. But I have 2 questions. 1. They put my apartment address on my card instead of my permanent address at my mom's. Does that matter? When I move out of my apt. can I just go in and have them change it? 2. on the back of my permit it lists where i cannot carry my gun, but I'm a little confued about the wording. it says "portion of the establishment liscnesed to dispense alcoholic liquor and malt beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose." I know I can't drink and carry, and I wont, but can I carry into a resturant that serves alcohol, like Chilis? I think it means I can carry at resturants, but I cant sit at the bar. Any help?
In Texas, it means that if 51% of the "establishments" income is from alcohol (not just the bar area)... you can not conceal carry there. But it also must be posted in accordance to the ordinance.