favorite carry location - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > favorite carry location

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I carry my .45 in a IWB on my strong side, and my BUG(p-32) in a pocket holster, in my left rear pocket. I can shoot with either hand, so I like to have one that I can reach with either hand.

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:01 AM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Colt 1991A1, 230 grain JHP, Galco Summer Comfort, strong side.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:23 AM   #13
rrs

.357 carried on strong side with holster.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

GLOCK 19, Appendix...

Old 08-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #15

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I carry my 1911 .45 on my strong side, right hip. I'm left handed but I prefer to hold the pistol in my right hand.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 08-24-2008, 12:09 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
What is everyones favorite place to carry concealed, why do you use that location on your body? Do most people use a holster or not use one?
I prefer to always use a holster. I have a soft suede-type leather holster (sorry, can't recall the brand) that fits inside the pants, either on the side or the small of your back. If you position the clip under your belt, it's virtually impossible to see. My 1911 fits nicely and I prefer the small of my back.

The other one is called a Pager Pal. It's a sturdy leather holster with a pager attached (you can use anything else that has a sturdy J-hook, like a cell phone holder). The standard one holds anything!!!, with exception of a small derringer or .25 type, but they have a smaller version for those. It is ordered either left or right handed and is a cross-draw type. I shoot right-handed, and it goes inside the pants to [in my case] left of the center of your belt buckle and to the right of your pants pocket. It holds my 1911, my Glock 30, and even my old S & W Model 19 or 36, from my old LEO days when you could carry anything as long as it was a revolver and carried .38's. The nice thing is you can sit comfortably with weapon secure, even with shorts or cut-offs. I demonstrated to one woman, using her husband's Desert Eagle, how it fit nicely and she could sit comfortably with it. The only drawback was that her cut-offs were so short (nicely very short, I might add) that the barrel protruded outside the shorts, otherwise you'd never know she had it.
The preferred method of draw is to take your thumb (non shooting) and pull out the front of pants slightly near the dummy pager, pull the pager up slightly then retrieve the weapon with your shooting hand. Another method, which I really like, is referred to as the "Dirty Old Man Draw." This works great with my Colt 1911. Either reach in your pocket or find the end of the barrel from the outside and simply push up while grabbing the grip. This sounds like a lot of motion, but with practice (And you SHOULD practice repeatedly with any piece of equipment you use) it's done in the blink of an eye.

I got one at a Gun Show here in Ohio, but this was a one time thing for the Sales Reps. The company is based in Texas and you probably will find them in that area, as well as the East Coast. I was so impressed with this holster that I emailed the Owner of the company, as they had no Reps in our area.

I ended up driving to Harrisburg, PA, for a "training" session. The area Rep. was training 2 others, so I was instructed to "observe" and basically keep my mouth shut, lest I mess up the other trainee's sales. I did what I was told, and upon calling the owner the following week, received the news that I hadn't shown very good sales potential. Go figure. Anyway, I'd still put up the startup cash and travel to shows in OH, MI, IN, & KY as needed, I believe in this holster that much.

No hard feelings, Ron. I'll give out the website (www.pagerpal.com) not as a sales rep, but so people can check it out for themselves and make their own decision.

Bob

Old 08-28-2008, 05:37 PM   #17

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

On duty, or off, I prefer strong side, OTW in a kydex holster. Usually Fobus or Blade Tech, depending on the pistol of the day.

On duty backup, J-frame snubby in support side (left for me) trouser pocket in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.

Always with a reload.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 08-29-2008, 07:12 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
On duty, or off, I prefer strong side, OTW in a kydex holster. Usually Fobus or Blade Tech, depending on the pistol of the day.

On duty backup, J-frame snubby in support side (left for me) trouser pocket in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.

Always with a reload.

Fobus holsters are not Kydex, they are injection molded...

Old 09-09-2008, 01:47 AM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The Nemesis is my favorite for my j-frame snubby and I rarely leave home without it. I read with interest about those seeking advice or those giving. At 70 yrs. young, I've carried a lot of sidearms in most any type holster. I just regestered on this site today, so am looking forward to visiting it regular. respectfully, dogwalk

Old 09-09-2008, 05:06 AM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I carry my NAA .380 Guardian in my right hip pocket in a pocket holster I made with a piece of heavy leather attached to the outside to break up the outline and make it look like a wallet. If I'm feeling insecure I carry my SP101 in a shoulder holster I made, straight rip-off of an "Original Jack-ass Leather" model. No way, No how, N'Obama!