Favorite 380 & why?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Favorite 380 & why?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 05:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,612
Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Default Favorite 380 & why?

I absolutely love my LCP and wouldn't trade it for anything, but I sure do wish I had the funds right now for a Sig P238 HD. It's just so damn gorgeous, I want it for nothing more than a show gun to go along with the full size nickeled 1911 I'm getting. What a duo they would make... to compliment my current team of the LCP & LC9. Man, I think I'm salivating.

__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Brennan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 427
Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

Default

I am in love with the P238 as well. I live in NH, you'd think I'd get some sort of discount. LOL. They are super expensive.
I have been looking at the Diamondback 380. They have one that comes with an orange frame. I like the off the wall colors.
Taurus has a 380 with a yellow frame that I like also.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

__________________
Brennan16 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Snakedriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 848
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

My wife carries an LCP every day because it's light and portable, but my favorite is the Beretta Model 84. It's an all steel, medium frame .380, but it is very accurate, carries 14-shots and is 100% reliable.

My Beretta with the wife's LCP:

__________________
Fear is a Reaction..............Courage is a Decision
Snakedriver is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,612
Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan16
I am in love with the P238 as well. I live in NH, you'd think I'd get some sort of discount. LOL. They are super expensive.
I have been looking at the Diamondback 380. They have one that comes with an orange frame. I like the off the wall colors.
Taurus has a 380 with a yellow frame that I like also.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk
Oh... That Diamonback is a great suggestion. Doesn't suit me aesthetically speaking, but at only 9oz that is a very viable option for a CCW.
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,612
Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver
My wife carries an LCP every day because it's light and portable, but my favorite is the Beretta Model 84. It's an all steel, medium frame .380, but it is very accurate, carries 14-shots and is 100% reliable.

My Beretta with the wife's LCP:
Dang, with 14 rounds that thing goes to the top of the list immediately. I thing the average is these mouse guns is about 7... So the Baretta is double. That's a huge selling point!
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Snakedriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 848
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Dang, with 14 rounds that thing goes to the top of the list immediately. I thing the average is these mouse guns is about 7... So the Baretta is double. That's a huge selling point!
Obviously, with the extra rounds in the double-stack magazine and the all-steel construction it's a little heavier that the LCP and some of the other common CCW guns, but I appreciate all the great full-size features that my Beretta has. Other than being slightly on the heavy side though, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who has anything bad to say about the Model 84.

The Beretta Model 85 is the same gun with a single-stack magazine BTW.
__________________
Fear is a Reaction..............Courage is a Decision

Last edited by Snakedriver; 01-11-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Snakedriver is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,612
Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver

Obviously, with the extra rounds in the double-stack magazine and the all-steel construction it's a little heavier that the LCP and some of the other common CCW guns, but I appreciate all the great full-size features the my Beretta has. Other than being slightly on the heavy side though, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who has anything bad to say about the Model 84.

The Beretta Model 85 is the same gun with a single-stack magazine BTW.
Yeah, it looks about the same size as mu LC9.
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
G30USMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 9,805
Liked 1329 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Default

My wife carries a Taurus TCP 380, she loves it and is accurate with it. I do want to get her a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380, but she is happy and proficient with the TCP.

__________________
G30USMC is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Nobody picked the Bersa Thunder or the Plus model with 15+1 capacity? They are a good value at little over $300, and at least the standard capacity one is fairly lightweight. Not to mention, they are nice-looking pistols.

I don't carry, but if/when i get my permit, the Bersa will be my regular carry piece, especially in the summer heat.

Why no Bersa love?

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Nobody picked the Bersa Thunder or the Plus model with 15+1 capacity? They are a good value at little over $300, and at least the standard capacity one is fairly lightweight. Not to mention, they are nice-looking pistols.

I don't carry, but if/when i get my permit, the Bersa will be my regular carry piece, especially in the summer heat.

Why no Bersa love?
I love it and I carry....
__________________
Ufd152 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
favorite gun sgtdeath66 The Club House 41 11-07-2012 01:14 AM
my favorite gun sagenodland .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 0 10-20-2011 04:30 AM
Favorite Gun? KaiTheGunGuy General Rifle Discussion 31 08-18-2011 05:29 AM
Favorite AR-15 tierone AR-15 Discussion 10 08-14-2011 02:45 PM
Which is your Favorite? Shihan The Club House 16 09-18-2010 03:53 AM