Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Favorite 380 & why? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/favorite-380-why-55250/)

BeyondTheBox 01-11-2012 04:27 AM

Favorite 380 & why?
 
I absolutely love my LCP and wouldn't trade it for anything, but I sure do wish I had the funds right now for a Sig P238 HD. It's just so damn gorgeous, I want it for nothing more than a show gun to go along with the full size nickeled 1911 I'm getting. What a duo they would make... to compliment my current team of the LCP & LC9. Man, I think I'm salivating.

Brennan16 01-11-2012 11:10 AM

I am in love with the P238 as well. I live in NH, you'd think I'd get some sort of discount. LOL. They are super expensive.
I have been looking at the Diamondback 380. They have one that comes with an orange frame. I like the off the wall colors.
Taurus has a 380 with a yellow frame that I like also.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Snakedriver 01-11-2012 01:45 PM

My wife carries an LCP every day because it's light and portable, but my favorite is the Beretta Model 84. It's an all steel, medium frame .380, but it is very accurate, carries 14-shots and is 100% reliable.

My Beretta with the wife's LCP:

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...RugerLCP-1.jpg

BeyondTheBox 01-11-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brennan16
I am in love with the P238 as well. I live in NH, you'd think I'd get some sort of discount. LOL. They are super expensive.
I have been looking at the Diamondback 380. They have one that comes with an orange frame. I like the off the wall colors.
Taurus has a 380 with a yellow frame that I like also.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Oh... That Diamonback is a great suggestion. Doesn't suit me aesthetically speaking, but at only 9oz that is a very viable option for a CCW.

BeyondTheBox 01-11-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakedriver
My wife carries an LCP every day because it's light and portable, but my favorite is the Beretta Model 84. It's an all steel, medium frame .380, but it is very accurate, carries 14-shots and is 100% reliable.

My Beretta with the wife's LCP:

Dang, with 14 rounds that thing goes to the top of the list immediately. I thing the average is these mouse guns is about 7... So the Baretta is double. That's a huge selling point!

Snakedriver 01-11-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 674140)
Dang, with 14 rounds that thing goes to the top of the list immediately. I thing the average is these mouse guns is about 7... So the Baretta is double. That's a huge selling point!

Obviously, with the extra rounds in the double-stack magazine and the all-steel construction it's a little heavier that the LCP and some of the other common CCW guns, but I appreciate all the great full-size features that my Beretta has. Other than being slightly on the heavy side though, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who has anything bad to say about the Model 84. :cool:

The Beretta Model 85 is the same gun with a single-stack magazine BTW.

BeyondTheBox 01-11-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakedriver

Obviously, with the extra rounds in the double-stack magazine and the all-steel construction it's a little heavier that the LCP and some of the other common CCW guns, but I appreciate all the great full-size features the my Beretta has. Other than being slightly on the heavy side though, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who has anything bad to say about the Model 84. :cool:

The Beretta Model 85 is the same gun with a single-stack magazine BTW.

Yeah, it looks about the same size as mu LC9.

G30USMC 01-11-2012 08:24 PM

My wife carries a Taurus TCP 380, she loves it and is accurate with it. I do want to get her a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380, but she is happy and proficient with the TCP.

orangello 01-11-2012 09:12 PM

Nobody picked the Bersa Thunder or the Plus model with 15+1 capacity? They are a good value at little over $300, and at least the standard capacity one is fairly lightweight. Not to mention, they are nice-looking pistols.

I don't carry, but if/when i get my permit, the Bersa will be my regular carry piece, especially in the summer heat.

Why no Bersa love?

Ufd152 01-11-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello
Nobody picked the Bersa Thunder or the Plus model with 15+1 capacity? They are a good value at little over $300, and at least the standard capacity one is fairly lightweight. Not to mention, they are nice-looking pistols.

I don't carry, but if/when i get my permit, the Bersa will be my regular carry piece, especially in the summer heat.

Why no Bersa love?

I love it and I carry....


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:59 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.