Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Fat guy concealed carry (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/fat-guy-concealed-carry-27477/)

REVOLVERLOVER1974 05-23-2010 01:49 PM

Fat guy concealed carry

How does a fat guy actually conceal a revolver 3 inch on his person so as not to show an imprint? does anyone have a good idea?

Dgunsmith 05-23-2010 02:17 PM

An inside the waistband holster and a good belt will make it disappear quite easily ! Should not print at all.

Milt Sparks Holsters for some real nice leather ones which are very comfortable.

gorknoids 05-23-2010 04:21 PM

Big shirts that fall just below your beltline are easy to clear out of the way and provide excellent concealment. I wear logo hats, ostentatious sunglasses, funny tee-shirts, or anything that will draw the eye away from where I'm carrying.

Gojubrian 05-23-2010 07:56 PM

It's not how big or small you are. Big people say it's hard to conceal because they are big, small people say it is hard because they are small.............. It's how you carry and how you dress that makes the difference.

BTW, it's not the barrel that prints,it's the grip.

Shihan 05-23-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 289227)
It's not how big or small you are. Big people say it's hard to conceal because they are big, small people say it is hard because they are small.............. It's how you carry and how you dress that makes the difference.

BTW, it's not the barrel that prints,it's the grip.

That's not what she said!:eek::D

canebrake 05-24-2010 02:33 AM

Put an LCR in your pocket.

freefall 05-24-2010 05:25 AM

Speaking as a fairly fat guy, I like to stick my PF9 in my ass pocket. I have it in a pocket holster I built that has a flat piece of leather on the outside to keep it from printing like a gun. This worked great with my NAA Guardian, looked like a wallet, but with the PF9 it looks like I'm stealing a sawed off paperback novel. So I have to have a shirt tail or vest covering my pocket anyway. Today tried seriously drawing from it and the darn holster comes out with the gun 8 times out of 10. Going to have to make another one that doesn't fit quite so well.

Gojubrian 05-24-2010 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 289421)
Put an LCR in your pocket.

I do sometimes and I also bought an OWB leather holster for it. It sits there perfectly unnoticable. :)

Stinger 05-25-2010 10:18 AM

I use colorful key chain lanyard hung on belt loop opposite side of pants from carry to distract eyes of on-lookers...........

cbw 05-25-2010 06:31 PM

Bing one with no sharp edges, I carry the LCP in my right front pocket in a Nemesis, and a EMP 40 at 3:00 in a Crossbreed. They both hid well and feel great,