Fat guy CCW - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Fat guy CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
What's the deal with 1 o'clock, 4 o'clock, etc? I know it's got something to do with where you carry your handgun, but I don't know exactly what.
I bleve it's nuts at noon and buttcrack at 6, but i don't know that i've ever seen it spelled out.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I bleve it's nuts at noon and buttcrack at 6, but i don't know that i've ever seen it spelled out.
Ahh, I see. Your belt is like the clock.

Gotcha.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
I am 6' 1" and am 300lbs very broad shoulders and a 38/40 waist depending on what holster I am going to use. Most of the time for carrying my XD45 or my Sig P229 9mm, I use a Galco or Milt Sparks IWB holster. If not I use Galco's pancake holster, under a t-shirt or polo style shirt. Those are what I have found to be the most comfortable to use. Plus with the heat here in Az a t-shirt is about all you want to wear.
i dont guess you have pictures of these set ups do you... i am a large guy myself and would like some comfort carrying tips

Old 11-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #24

If you go back to the main heading for CC & personal protection- there's a thread right above yours - seperated from the rest that is Show us your CCW setups - very helpful - members posted their pics & it really does help to see how others do it.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/show-us-you-ccw-setups-7950/

A ton here too
Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed. - DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

Old 11-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff View Post
If you go back to the main heading for CC & personal protection- there's a thread right above yours - seperated from the rest that is Show us your CCW setups - very helpful - members posted their pics & it really does help to see how others do it.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/show-us-you-ccw-setups-7950/

A ton here too
Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed. - DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum
cool thanks puff

Old 11-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Sounds like an "interesting" weekend
Beyond the speed of sound---
Fire it up, Let the engines roll
It's time to burn it down

Old 11-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #27

Largestal: I feel ya buddy! I'm 5'7 an fluctuate between a chunky/funky 240 to 250 lb barrel chested/bellied guy,W/a very short waist line (partially because I have to wear my pants a little higher than hiphuggers the teens are sometimes wearin these days) I overflow all around the clock to 1 degree or another.
I have been through 5 or 6 holsters ranging from shoulder to IWB to Paddle and quality that ranged from uncle mikes all the way to a kramer Horsehide and I tried carry positions from 1:00 AMJ to 6:15 AMC I have never found a physically comfortable carry method that I could access and draw from in an acceptable amount of time I would carry in a belly bag but I'm not comfy w the Idea of my pistol bein outta my pants in public especially in large crowds but I wouldn't mind carrying 2-3 xtra mags an a spare knife an some HD zip strips, spray etc. just in case.. but the most comfortable and drawable carry for my G23 or my DW (custom custom)1911 is with a nearly vertical gun butt at between 4:00 AMJ to 5:20 AMJ now I have to say my Kahr P45 is most comfy in a winter coat pocket muzzle pointed forward grip in my hand..for those nice winter walks I take for exercise. so the search will continue.

Definitions:
AMJ = after man junk.
AMC = after man crack. lol

Old 11-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #28

How about these - very comfy.
Fat guy CCW - Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection

Ultimate Compression Shorts - GlockStore.com

Ultimate Compression Concealment Shorts - Magills.com

They have a video demos & photos.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff View Post
How about these - very comfy.
Fat guy CCW - Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection

Ultimate Compression Shorts - GlockStore.com

Ultimate Compression Concealment Shorts - Magills.com

They have a video demos & photos.
Puff

Thanks for looking out for me but I saw them many x's before, and . . (OH OH Look out here it comes again. . ) Note: A.D.D. Tangent *I wonder how many days in a row I could wear a pair of them fancy boomer bloomers w/o gettin too ripe?* Ive purchased their very expensive compression T shirt but only as a form of backup carry as its VERY SLOW for me to draw from and even more so when the gun gets hung up in it which depending on the gun is most of the time Making things worse I have somewhat limited arm reach. which means comfortable drawing from my waistline Is limited to between 3:45 AMJ*1 and 5:45 BMC*2.

*1: AMJ = After man junk.
*2: BMC = Before man crack.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #30

Default Me too!

I am 6' 276 lbs 45 ACP 10+1 Taurus PT145, US ARMY, disabled Vietnam Vet.

I carry right side, (Right handed). Get some tightie whities. If you are a 52 waist, get 48's and so on.

Get a pocket holster, the kind with the no slip strap like the one I have, the BlackHawk size 4 works for my .32, .38, 9mm, and 45. In Florida the heat goes up the caliber goes down!

Go to your favorite seller of defense stuff and they should let you try it out with your carry choices. Walk around the place and move like you do. Oh, and it does help a bit to use those shirts with the square bottoms outside the pants. And then never ever forget to remove it in the bathroom stalls at Denny's!

Newest Threads