Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Fanny packs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWalleye
Fanny pack carry hasn't been challenged in the courts and I sure as hell don't want to be the test subject.

Don't do it.
Exactomongo!

Old 02-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #12

I fully understand that it would be a giant risk. Every cop I have known believes we should have concealed carry. It protects the people, brings on more money for the state, and makes their job much easier. I know a fair amount of people who do carry all laws aside. The only thing keeping the jack••• up north in the right money. Anyone who has money to contest their BS laws are either being paid off or don't care enough. How many politicians carry without regard to the law they made. I really wish it was legal to imprison people for stupidity pertaining to a persons god given right to protect themselves!

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 02-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would never ever carry concealed in a state that prohibits it. If you have been watching the news lately, there have been several instances of law abiding citizens traveling to other states without checking the CCW laws and ending up in the pokey! Check the laws before you travel or you are asking to be locked up. Also, the biggest problem these days is that a fanny pack just screams out loud, I HAVE A GUN!

Old 02-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Almost every banger in Chi town has a gun and Chicago PD knows it. They will confiscate them and give them a lame gun charge then they get another one. It seems so easy for them to carry. Trust me because I grew up with some. Never was a banger myself but know a lot of them. And I know for sure all the BGs (baby gangsters) are packing. They are the ones to fear because they will do anything for the old gangsters respect. And they do get the good ammo too, like us (federalHST) and so on. Oh and they like AK's a lot. Just check out Gang Bang City on YouTube. It's ran by a 2/6 that I have met before. You'll see how deep they are everywhere out here. Do it. Check it out. Then you'll know. And you will say. Where r the cops while this is going on. And you will ask yourself do I want to accidentally get caught going through that neighborhood without my weapon on me. Hell no!

Old 02-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #15

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

As a former 38 year F.O.I.D. card holder living in "The Peoples Republic of Illinois", I can assure you the advice given above it correct and true.

You might want to research what I HEARD from a guy I worked with that CCW'ed in the Peoples Republic. He carried a ccw claiming a loop hole. He was a notary public and as such was an officer of the court. As such, he claimed he was legally allowed to carry a loaded weapon on him.

But like I said, it's all hear say. If you decide to research that, let me know as I'm still curious and glad to have departed there forever.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #16

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2013

http://www.concealcarry.org/illinois-carry/

Old 02-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #17

So basically if I were to carry an unloaded pistol in a fanny pack designed for ccw. With a loaded mag, I would be legal. As long as the pack is designed for concealed carry.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #18
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1808 Times on 982 Posts
Likes Given: 557

It is truly sad how honest citizens have to consider skirting unjust laws to protect themselves.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #19
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2060 Times on 1117 Posts
Likes Given: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhamblen View Post
So basically if I were to carry an unloaded pistol in a fanny pack designed for ccw. With a loaded mag, I would be legal. As long as the pack is designed for concealed carry.

It is an untested theory. Try it at your own risk.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 02-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #20

I wonder if I contacted the Illinois state police if they would tell me the truth about the loophole.