Fake Child Abduction-What would you have done?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Fake Child Abduction-What would you have done?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 12:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

Default Fake Child Abduction-What would you have done?

My wife saw this on the Today Show. She showed it to me on Facebook. I looked at her and said, "I would have shot that guy". No doubt about it. If I had a shot I would have taken it. What about everyone else? What would you have done if you were there?

http://www.today.com/moms/fake-child-abduction-posted-youtube-outrages-parents-2D79536242

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-18-2014, 01:15 AM   #2

Liked 2606 Times on 1177 Posts
Likes Given: 2527

Apparently these idiots never heard the story of the boy who cried wolf.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:21 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 184 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
My wife saw this on the Today Show. She showed it to me on Facebook. I looked at her and said, "I would have shot that guy". No doubt about it. If I had a shot I would have taken it. What about everyone else? What would you have done if you were there?
http://www.today.com/moms/fake-child-abduction-posted-youtube-outrages-parents-2D79536242
Honestly, there didn't seem to be a good shot at the idiot who abducted the child so I can't say what I would have done. There are so many variables it would impossible to formulate a plan from the video. The only chink in their plan, if it were real, seems to be the driver in the van. So, depending upon where you were when it was going down, you might be able to exploit that.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

c3shooter Likes This 
Old 04-18-2014, 01:25 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9156 Times on 3953 Posts
Likes Given: 1433

"Cause of Death" would have been listed as "misadventure". If they plan to scare someone to death, they should consider that can work both ways.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 04-18-2014, 01:32 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Supposedly the mother of the child knew it was going to happen.
And the boy is the nephew of the twins who staged the abduction. Which means the boy's mother is the twins' sister or sister-in-law, right?

In which case I wouldn't have shot. But I never would have given permission to do this. Not even to a family member. As the article said it is dangerous to on-lookers who were not in the know.

Always have clean socks.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh View Post
Honestly, there didn't seem to be a good shot at the idiot who abducted the child so I can't say what I would have done. There are so many variables it would impossible to formulate a plan from the video. The only chink in their plan, if it were real, seems to be the driver in the van. So, depending upon where you were when it was going down, you might be able to exploit that.
I would think that a quick thinking well trained shooter could have taken down everyone in that van.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:39 AM   #7

That video shows a woman reaching the van just as it is starting to pull away. No one there was paying attention to what was going on. But that lady almost reached the van. I pay attention to what is happening around me. If I see a gun runing across a park in ski mask when he is obviously not skiing, I am going to take notice. He is very lucky indeed.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #8

Liked 106 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 219

That was here in my state, yeah i agree that that was a really stupid stunt, had a cop or licensed civillian been there things could have been very different. Stupid people shouldnt breed.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

I would have tried to stop them, but I would not have let them drive away. As a last resort I would have shot the driver. It would be hard to justify shooting at a person carrying the victim, but the driver was a 'clean' shot. If the van was not moving then you can deal with the other bandit and the victim.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!