Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Ever Wonder? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/ever-wonder-43055/)

Dennis845 05-26-2011 09:18 PM

Ever Wonder?

With the number of serial killers, gang - bangers, murders, rapes, home invasions, etc., etc. Ever wonder how many of them you follow, pass or come into close proximity on the road or store? I was at our local Wal-Mart recently (not carrying naturally) to pick up some groceries and came home. The next morning I was reading to local hick newspaper online. They had a picture of two rough looking white males in their thirties taken from the Wal-Mart survaliance camera in the check out line. They were escaped murderers on the run. I guess you just never know. When I'm on the road, in a store or out in public, I need to get out of my constant condition "white" and start paying a little more attention to my surroundings :confused:

dog2000tj 05-26-2011 10:12 PM

Forget criminals on the run, take a look at this - National Sex Offender Registry - Family Watchdog. That's right, they live, eat and sleep right next door. :eek:

:mad:

danf_fl 05-26-2011 11:37 PM

Dennis, we have an "Introductions" area if you want to stop by.

Florida Dept of Law Enforcement has given us some tools to keep track of sexual predators / offenders. But it seems that the database would be too big to list all felons, etc...

Jesse17 05-26-2011 11:41 PM

Dennis,

I wonder constantly! I worked with a guy a couple years ago. He was a little different, but fairly popular. He was just convicted of shooting his girlfriend with a 410 in her mouth and burning the body. :eek:

They are among us everywhere!

On a more pleasant note...Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself if you stick around, so jump right in and get posting. :) There are plenty of great folk on here, and we can always use another.

Oh, you should probably stop by the intro section to meet the boys. They really like it when you do that.

Rick1967 05-27-2011 01:43 AM

I am in the hotel business. I constantly see people on the news that look way too familiar for me not to have seen them somewhere. I also have a restaurant on my premises. One time the local PD came looking for a wanted man. He dove out of a third floor window to get away from them. They chased him across the golf course in his underwear! He was later convicted of murder!!!

And I run a really nice hotel! I just got a gold award from Choice Hotels. That puts me in the top 10% of all the Quality Inn's in the country. Scum bags are everywhere!

General_lee 05-27-2011 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis845 (Post 512464)
With the number of serial killers, gang - bangers, murders, rapes, home invasions, etc., etc. Ever wonder how many of them you follow, pass or come into close proximity on the road or store? I was at our local Wal-Mart recently (not carrying naturally) to pick up some groceries and came home. The next morning I was reading to local hick newspaper online. They had a picture of two rough looking white males in their thirties taken from the Wal-Mart survaliance camera in the check out line. They were escaped murderers on the run. I guess you just never know. When I'm on the road, in a store or out in public, I need to get out of my constant condition "white" and start paying a little more attention to my surroundings :confused:

This is why I carry. They walk among us!

wmille01 05-27-2011 03:17 AM

Jesse17 dude your avatar look just like my ex wife on a good day (sorry couldn't help myself) I do wonder but then I just have to think anyone could be a "target" anyone is capable of being a murder, rapist, or even just a nice normal person. Anyone is cable of being something else you would never suspect, that why I don't trust many people and I have a semi open mind with super limitations. I know it sounds contradictive but it's like I trust someone but I have a line that I just don't cross.

danf_fl 05-27-2011 08:46 AM

Maybe we should go back to the idea of putting marks on the forehead?

Jesse17 05-27-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 512763)
Maybe we should go back to the idea of putting marks on the forehead?

Yeah, like the left would go for that. Hell, the piece-of-pelosi in office now wants to bar businesses from doing background checks or even asking if a person is a felon when they hire employees. :mad:

WDB 05-28-2011 04:29 AM

There are bad people in all walks of life and often it's hard to tell the difference. What I express to people I care about is direct eye contact with the people you meet, watch there hands and if someone you don't know approaches like a friend they are not. Some other expressions are just for family