Ever witness a hold up??? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Ever witness a hold up???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

It's pretty scary for all you guys wondering who haven't been in a DGU situation. I've been in 3 and bc I kept a cool head no shots were fired.
1) Home invasion attempt. G19 aimed at door, yelled don't come in or you will die. 911, cops there in about 1.5 to 3 mins. Good thing I was armed.
2) Unloading laundry from my truck in the driveway. Both hands on basket, 2 males approach from a parked car and trespass onto my property. Lots of robberies were happening in the area to people with hands full with laundry/groceries. Dropped the basket and put my hand on my 1911 commander, cleared half of the leather when they realized I was a hard target. The guys practically tripped over themselves to get back to their vehicle and spun the tires trying to get the F out of dodge. Good thing I was armed.
3) Was at ABC liquor after work around 6pm to get a sixer on my way home. I was attempting to exit the drivers door and this guy came out of fn nowhere and tried to open the passenger door and force his way in. I stepped out ASAP and put my hand in my pocket for my LCP. I got a firm grip on the little .380in my pocket and said loud and mean " WTF are you doing!!!". He started walking to the drivers side around the front of my truck and I told him he should stop NOW. I had decided if he cleared the hood I was going to shoot. I had the gun half out of my pocket when he froze and started saying some bs that he thought it was his friend's truck. He started apologizing, I said its all good just back the F off and there won't be any issues. He looked pretty scared, said sorry again and walked off with a high rate of giddy up. Good thing I was armed.
I highlight my personal incidents bc a DGU can come in many diff forms. I believe a holdup is towards the bottom of the list on my biggest concerns regarding safety. I'm more concerned with home invasion and trips to WalMart. It would have been easy to not carry while doing such mundane tasks, but I always tell myself "you can only defend yourself with a gun if ya got one on ya".

Old 12-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I've had four encounters, not hold ups, that have led me to believe I better get my CCW.
1) just a weird encounter by a group of three teenage boys. I was in my car at a fast food drive thru. Had just ordered and my window was half down. This group of boys came running up to my window and one stuck his head and arms thru my window and was just screaming. I was trapped between two cars. I just started rolling up my window. They left running and disappeared into the dark yard behind the restaurant. I've learned my lesson from that to never leaved window down and to always leave enough space between me and car in front of me so I can drive away if need to.
2) was sitting in parking lot of unfamiliar town looking at directions. A crazy looking dude came up and started beating on my window. I just hauled a** and drove away
3)pulling away from fast food drive thru and had parked to eat in my car. A cracked out looking lady came up knocked on my window begging for money. Probably no real threat there, but was startled. Lesson learned here, never park yourself in. Now I always park so I can drive forward out of the parking spot.
4). This last was the icing on the cake for me. I left Walmart with cart full of groceries. I always look around parking lot as I walk out. I had noted this scraggly looking lady a couple aisles over from my car wondering around. I unlock car throw my purse in front seat and relock the doors then put groceries in the trunk. Then I return cart and as I am going back to my car the lady is standing in front of my car. As I approach she starts asking for money says she is out of gas and needs to get home to her kids. I say sorry I just spent all my money in the store and had used a card anyway I have no cash. She proceeds to move towards me and blocks me from getting in my drivers door. I hadn't unlocked my door yet. I just starting looking all around me and starting walking backwards towards the entrance to the store. Suddenly the dark tinted SUV parked next to my car starts up and the lady opens the back door so now I can see in and there were three males in there, she jumps in and they drive off. I don't know if their intentions were to just ask for money or to mug me or to pull me into their vehicle...my gut instinct tells me it wasn't good...

Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #13

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Who's goin for five

Old 12-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
Who's goin for five
Ha ha. Wasn't trying to outnumber anybody. Just sharing my experiences.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #15

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsluvguns2 View Post
Ha ha. Wasn't trying to outnumber anybody. Just sharing my experiences.
No worries-
You'll get used to me