Ever Drawn Your Weapon? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Ever Drawn Your Weapon?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 11:54 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
More times then I care to remember, I'm sure it will happen again....
RE: Matt G.'s answer above, Mule.

How'd the last time work for you? Honesty is a lost art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-26-2009, 12:28 AM   #12

I've had to pull my knife before; A female friend and myself were walking back to the car after watching the OSU/Michigan game a couple years back at a friend's house, a couple drunks started hootin' and hollerin' at her, which we ignored. One grabbed her arm, and I pulled the knife. They backed off, and we hurried back to the car

Old 05-26-2009, 12:58 AM   #13

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Faction View Post
I've had to pull my knife before; A female friend and myself were walking back to the car after watching the OSU/Michigan game a couple years back at a friend's house, a couple drunks started hootin' and hollerin' at her, which we ignored. One grabbed her arm, and I pulled the knife. They backed off, and we hurried back to the car
You got into the game with your knife? Musta been a small one if only a couple of years back. How'd you get it by the search? No wands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:00 AM   #14

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Not pulled/but showned

Cali., something you're probably not familiar with-Snow/snow plowing. Can be a $ making business. Here in Indy, right after the Blizzard of 78, I was on my way to a local hospital, to plow their parking lot, for Dr.+Nurses to get in/out of their lot, I had stopped in the berm of a 4 lane state highway-1-2:00 AM, to clean the ice from my wipers, when an S truck came out of a parking lot only to stop about 25yds. ahead of me. I am by myself with a new-less than a year old F-250 4x4/Myers 7 1/2' snow blade equipped. rig that to the two Bozo's in the S-truck thought would be "easy pickings"-not to mention the $ they thought I might have on me. The dude on the pass. side was yelling back toward me about some "snow job" they had for me+and for me to come over to them. I told them I was busy+had plenty of work already. It got tense when the pass. got out of the truck/truck starts to back up toward me. I then unzipped my coat, un-snaped my thumb snap, and flipped down the lock on my .45, as I canted to show that I was armed, and ready to clear leather. The dude turned back to the S-truck-got in-and the truck crossed over two lanes to my right, and turned down the next street, at as high of speed as the slick road would allow. I got back in my truck, locked the door,tried to pour a cup of coffee, in spite of my hands shaking. No I was not afraid=I was "wound up" tight for the fact that I knew that I would taken another's life, had he gotten much closer to me. I can only describe it as a "prepared" feeling-not a "good" feeling. That has been over 30yrs. ago, but it is still is a thought in my mind each time I put on my defensive sidearm.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:46 AM   #15

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Never, and I hope I never have to. It's a really tough decision to let that hammer fall. "When you kill a man, you take away all he is and ever will be."

Old 05-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
You got into the game with your knife? Musta been a small one if only a couple of years back. How'd you get it by the search? No wands?
Shoulda clairified, we weren't at the stadium, we were at a friend's house near OSU campus

Old 05-27-2009, 12:25 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiaguntoter View Post
Have you ever had to draw your weapon to keep a potentially dangerous and deadly situation from occuring? Have you ever had a weapon used agains you in a confrontation?
Yes.

...and Notdku, can you do something about that friggin' "Your message is too short" message? What's wrong with a short, concise answer!

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 05-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
More times then I care to remember, I'm sure it will happen again....

...so I was strolling through this thread, relaxing and taking in the sights and inspiration when all of a sudden, I stepped in...

BULL$#IT!

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 05-27-2009, 02:12 AM   #19

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

+1 hydrashock.

In regards to the thread: Yes

It's not a good feeling pointing something with great destructive power at another human soul.

That's all I have to say about that.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #20

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Once when I was deployed.

My vehicle was hit with an IED and I had to pull security on the site waiting for the wrecker to come haul our vehicle away. Also sitting around int he vehicle after we got hit making sure it wasn't part of an ambush. **** the Taliban.

One of the worst days ever and I can't think of a day thats gone by since then that I haven't thought about it.
"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Last edited by Ubergopher; 05-28-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Closed Thread