Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Ever Drawn Your Weapon?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ever Drawn Your Weapon?

Have you ever had to draw your weapon to keep a potentially dangerous and deadly situation from occuring? Have you ever had a weapon used agains you in a confrontation?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #2

Yes, in Detroit on union breaking duty with NCR corp. I was sent back there from Los Angeles to work on mainframe computers while the local office was on strike. Three union goons came to a bank data processing site I was working at to bust up the computers and me. My showing of my revolver stopped all aggression. The cops arrested all of us, the judge kicked me out of town and the next day the union was picketing the NCR office with signs saying “ NCR, send your gunmen home”. It was a very interesting experience. This was in about 1969??

PS NCR replaced my gun that the cops confiscated.

Last edited by aslocumb; 05-07-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #3

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

After 21 years in our military I have used weapons to defend myself and others, from Vietnam to the first Gulf War. I guess it worked well sense I am still here. I have been shot at in the U.S. but have yet to draw my own weapon to defend anyone or myself and I hope I do not have to.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:40 AM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I’ve had quite a few, most of them in military combat and just a few on the streets. I don’t think they should be discussed in an open format discussion.

Interesting question although I’m not sure of the value. I understand there are many Americans who carry guns whom have never had a serious conflict and they might have a curiosity about how others handled a situation and/or were effected by a conflict.

Last edited by EagleSix; 05-10-2007 at 05:44 AM.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #5

I had just moved into an apt. I was living with my wife of 2 years and my 6 month old baby boy. Late one night, maybe 2am, we heard a lot of yelling and glass breaking. It sounded like it was just outside our window. I grabbed my pump shotgun and looked out the window. I could not see anything but could still hear all the racket.

I walked out the door and turned down the side of the building and saw a young man throwing rocks and beer cans through the window of another apartment. There were a couple of people standing by their doors wondering what was going on as well. They looked at me with some surprise as I can only imagine what they were thinking seeing a man in nothing but boxer shorts holding a shotgun.

I pumped it one time. The young man turned and looked at me and then took off like a scalded dog. Funny thing is the gun was unloaded.

Who are the militia? They consist of the whole people, except for a few public officials.
-George Mason, Framer of the Declaration of Rights, Virginia, 1776 , which became the basis of the U.S. Bill of Rights

Old 05-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think this is a great forum question. Discussion on the appropriate time to use a CCW weapon and real stories about how it turned out. Obviously, many military personel have used weapons, but I don't think that is the spirit of the question. In my opinion, actual use of a leagal CCW weapon in the US will be rare, as it should be.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2720 Times on 1596 Posts
Likes Given: 16694

I plea the 5th. .............?

Old 05-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Never and I really hope I don't have to. A guy was telling me that carrying a gun was worthless, that in his 60 years of life he has never had a single need for a gun. Good for him I thought, better knock on wood.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:44 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

A guy pulled a small revolver on me in highschool. Another guy pulled a knife on me at a football game.

I haven't pulled a weapon on anyone.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I've leveled my rifle at people before while on duty with the Army, but my personal carry piece has never left leather to deal with a threat.

If your CC piece leaves the holster, it should only be to fire a shot/shots to preserve life, limb or eyesight. Anything else is brandishing and is likely to end in an unnecessary death, possibly your own.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Closed Thread