Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Ethics question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 04:24 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

"Never for one second think that I am peaceful because I have forgotten how to be violent. And never mistake my kindness for weakness."

LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 08-10-2012, 05:47 AM   #42

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS
"Never for one second think that I am peaceful because I have forgotten how to be violent. And never mistake my kindness for weakness."

LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!
Isn't that my signature?? Haha

Old 08-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #43

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM-LEO View Post
Isn't that my signature?? Haha

it is, and I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 08-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #44
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1273 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS

i would seriously think about carryin 12 months, because there is some jack-leg out there that will "insist" that you have $$$ in the other 10 months.........better to be prepared than not.
I agree. If one person thinks you have $1,000 even one day of the year, then in the telling and retelling to other people it will become $200,000 every week and your danger will increase exponentially.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 08-12-2012, 02:21 AM   #45

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

It's a good idea to CC so you can protect yourself. The Police can't be everywhere at once or always be right around the corner!

Old 08-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #46

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Maybe the OP is having doubts about carrying and is a little scared. If that's the case, please leave your gun at home and pray that a cop will be there for your safety.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #47

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 23

John, did you even read the original post?? Or are you just trolling?

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 08-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #48
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2131 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 1089

There have been excellent points made! So the only thing I will say to confirm the above is. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it! These threats come unannounced, swiftly and most likely with out much warning if any at all. And as Bill Jordan (US Boarder Patrol) stated years ago, "There are No Second Place Winners"!
I would hate to think that I was present and would have to stand by and watch my self, my family, or other innocent people be shot or murdered in cold blood with out the ability to do something to neutralize the threat! It reminds me of a true story years ago in a small town in the USA. Where the Town Marshal did not think it was necessary to carry an off duty gun off duty. As one day he watched as a robbery and gun fight was taking place on Main Street in the small town. And watched his deputy be gunned down in cold blood by the suspect as he watched. And was unable to take any action that would save his deputies life. "Not ME!" It is a personal choice to carry or not carry but not a personal choice to live with the mental anguish of an incident like this, pray to God we never have to!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy