Enlighten me....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Enlighten me....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Enlighten me....

I want to hear YOUR guy's self defense stories. Have you ever had to utilize your ccw? Ever had to use a knife? Burglars ever come in and you had to handle it? I am very interested in these stories so please post away and make my day at work a little better.....

All it takes for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

This is more of a funny story then a true self defense tale.

I was at home and heard a disturbance in my yard. The property was fully fenced and I found there was a man and woman yelling at each other at my locked front gate. Suddenly the guy starts climbing over the fence even though my dogs are barking and snarling at him. I call off the dogs because if they bite him they get quarantined, as this idiot falls off the fence into the yard. He gets up and starts running, staggering, and falling all over the place. The lady is screaming at him and yelling to me that he’s drunk, please don’t hurt him. I am already on the phone to 911, and am trying to decide if I need the loaded 12 gauge behind the door, or the Louisville slugger also behind the door. Now the fool decides to head toward me and the house and I have to choose. I ended up just stepping off the porch and body slamming him to the driveway. I sat on top of him till the cops showed and took him to jail.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #3

Lol thats whats great about some drunks. It doesnt take much to sit em down with the clouded judgement. Good job. You never know what that couldve turned into. a well placed karate-chop to the jugular on a drunk is pretty funny to watch sometimes too.......but only if your a ninja...jk

All it takes for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing....

Old 06-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I saw someone running from a hotel security once. I noticed because they ran infront of my truck and I almost hit them. I decided to follow the guy in my truck. He ran to some run down apartments and then I pulled in the lot after him. I exited my truck and looked around, he saw me and took off again. I caught him in a t-bone and slammed him into a parked truck. I still had no idea why he was running, but he was obviously unarmed and in the wrong. Just as I was holding him down by the throat the cops arrived and arrested him. They thanked me after they took my statement.
Apparently he had been hold up in that hotel room selling drugs and running up the bills for a few days and tried to leave without paying.
I have no idea why I wanted to play wreckless vigilante that day.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:01 AM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My little brother was manager at a Footlocker in Town East Mall while he was home for the Summer from college. He saw a guy being chased out of a store when caught shoplifting. My brother chased him through the mall and to the far end of the parking lot. He tackled the guy and pinned him until the security guards caught up. My brother was a little guy, but he ran a 4.5 40yd and played college and semipro soccer. This was 20 years ago, but it made the paper.