Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Egg or chicken?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post

I've noticed a lot of that myself----
Every time i see it i weep a bit
BTW- Glad you asked---But are you sure you really want to know
Lol

Ignorance is bliss theory? Lol

I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet. Guess that's why I started the thread, in hopes of asking further questions from those on the other side of the equation.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
The reason I ask is because it seems to me that many of the new posters I see are posting that they've got their permit and now need to figure out which gun. Seems backward to me, but I wanted to make sure I was seeing things right.
I also find that odd and more common than in the past. I've wondered if some people are just trying to enjoy their rights while they still have them. I grew up in a small town and first had firearms for hunting and hunting-related practice (plinking) in those single digit ages.

I still haven't gotten a carry permit, though I plan to later this year, but I haven't really felt it was that necessary with MS's car-carry allowance. I am usually with my car/giant metal holster.

As a youth, I don't know that I ever really considered my rifles and shotgun as defensive tools; I think that thought didn't enter my mind until I started plinking with a pistol in my pre-teen years. That thought of "gun = weapon" was completely cemented when Granny gave me her little .38.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Seriously though, what came first for you, the gun(s) or the CCP/L?

I got about 4 guns before I decided to do a carry permit.
Guns. Lots of guns. Then I got more guns. Then I got married and had a gun. Shoulda stayed single. Seriously, I've had at least one firearm since I was 12 years old

Old 04-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #24

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

for me I grew up hunting so it was a 20 gauge at 10, picked up a 12 gauge at 18, and fired my first handgun at 20, bought one at 21, and received my chp a few months after that. I will say my girlfriend at the time took the chp class but didn't buy a handgun until she moved out of her parents house because they wouldnt let her have one. but her experience may be unique.

we're Americans and we pray for peace, and if we can't have peace we find and destroy the people who screwed up the damn peace. So we can have some peace. - Christopher Titus