Dumbass "CCW" Badges - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Dumbass "CCW" Badges

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Isn't it breaking a law to "impersonate an officer"?
It's not legally impersonating if it says "ccw permit holder" or something like it.

Now, if it says "(insert city) police department" then yeah, that's impersonating.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #12

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

I have but one word to describe anyone carry something like that- PATHETIC

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 07-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Isn't it breaking a law to "impersonate an officer"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
It's not legally impersonating if it says "ccw permit holder" or something like it.

Now, if it says "(insert city) police department" then yeah, that's impersonating.
if i am not mistaken, if by giving the impression or influencing the thought and allowing another person to believe that you are a LEO, it could be thought as also impersonating a LEO even if you never stated you were. different states may have different definitions of what is impersonating a LEO are though.

i agree with C3, just as owning a fire extinguisher doesn't make you a firefighter either. it is no diifferent than owning that fire extnguisher, just being prepared for in case ther was a fire.

my problem with it this, having a CC permit is suppose to be about CC, and if you have some silly badge that states you have a CC gun, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of carrying concealed?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #14

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
if i am not mistaken, if by giving the impression or influencing the thought and allowing another person to believe that you are a LEO, it could be thought as also impersonating a LEO even if you never stated you were. different states may have different definitions of what is impersonating a LEO are though.

i agree with C3, just as owning a fire extinguisher doesn't make you a firefighter either. it is no diifferent than owning that fire extnguisher, just being prepared for in case ther was a fire.

my problem with it this, having a CC permit is suppose to be about CC, and if you have some silly badge that states you have a CC gun, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of carrying concealed?
3 different statement---
100% correct

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:

Yep. The turkey is doing the same as brandishing the gun.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #16
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7813 Times on 4689 Posts
Likes Given: 9825

Quote:

See below.....

Quote:
I know in Illinois it would be illegal to use that badge in the manner stated in the OP.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #17

Whateva. Stolen valor act got shot down. Who REALLY knows what constitutes impersonation anymore? It's legal to impersonate military, so who cares if you impersonate a cop?

I don't like the idea of ccw or private investigator badges, I think they're stupid and more likely than not to get someone shot.

But... I still say if the badge says plain and clear, in the big black block letters I've seen them with in magazines... "CCW permit holder"....
and nothing about being a cop...
If I were stupid enough to want one of those overpriced pieces of tin, that's a fight I would argue out.

I OC here in Louisiana now, because I haven't yet gotten my ccw permit. Most people assume I'm a cop. Does that mean I'm impersonating?

Old 07-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Whateva. Stolen valor act got shot down. Who REALLY knows what constitutes impersonation anymore? It's legal to impersonate military, so who cares if you impersonate a cop?

I don't like the idea of ccw or private investigator badges, I think they're stupid and more likely than not to get someone shot.

But... I still say if the badge says plain and clear, in the big black block letters I've seen them with in magazines... "CCW permit holder"....
If I were stupid enough to want one of those overpriced pieces of tin, that's a fight I would argue out.

I OC here in Louisiana now, because I haven't yet gotten my ccw permit. Most people assume I'm a cop. Does that mean I'm impersonating?
Nah. Impersonating means intentionally trying to fool someone into believing you're a cop in order to influence their actions.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU

Nah. Impersonating means intentionally trying to fool someone into believing you're a cop in order to influence their actions.
Very well. I would still argue the point if it said very clearly on the idiot badge that it was a CCW doohickey and I ended up in court over it. But I don't have one, nor do I want one. I think they cost like 50 bucks and considering a Louisiana permit is going to cost me around $200 at least... I'm a cheap ass...

Old 07-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #20
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
in a state that has OC, if i saw you carrying no i wouldn't assume that. but in a state with CC only and i saw you OC, i could make the assumption you were LE. i think simply put as AIKIJUTSU has said intent to lead someone to believe that you are a LEO is impersonating one. i am sure that different states may have different definitions and classing it as whether a felony or misdemeanor.