Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Dumbass "CCW" Badges (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/dumbass-ccw-badges-67884/)

AIKIJUTSU 07-08-2012 04:30 PM

Dumbass "CCW" Badges

I saw some comments on a couple of threads about the phoney "CCW" badges that are designed to look like police badges.
My personal opinion is that no one would get one of those unless he/she/it wants to pretend to be a police officer.
I saw an old guy on a city bus one day who became irritated with a young punk whose momma never taught him how to act in public. The old guy flashed his "I'm a proud ccw carrying phoney cop" badge and told the punk to sit down and shut up. The old guy's hands were trembling like crazy, because he apparently anticipated that the punk would know it was fake. He did know it was fake. The BG ridiculed the old guy, taunted him, until the bus driver stopped the bus and made the BG get off.
Doing that crap can end up with the guy who flashes the badge being in more trouble than the person he "flashes".

dragunovsks 07-08-2012 04:42 PM

Yea i cant see anything good coming from having/wearing one. Of course you got the cop wannabes who already drive around in ex cop cars who will get the badges.

trex1310 07-08-2012 05:33 PM

I can't see any good coming from carrying a phony "cop badge".
Pretending to be a COP can land you in a world of hurt. Myself,
I'm pretending to be a CEO, they get paid a lot more than a COP.

kytowboater 07-08-2012 05:34 PM

I agree, they are pointless and a joke. They most likely will cause more problems.

Axxe55 07-08-2012 05:38 PM

kind of like the private eye badges years ago!:rolleyes:

i see some idiot with one, trying to play cop and getting himself into a big heap of problems one day. seriously, these same people probably shouldn't own a gun in the first place, or a car, or operate any type of power equipment!

Fathead00 07-08-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55
kind of like the private eye badges years ago!:rolleyes:

i see some idiot with one, trying to play cop and getting himself into a big heap of problems one day. seriously, these same people probably shouldn't own a gun in the first place, or a car, or operate any type of power equipment!

I think there are more idiots that shouldn't drive compared to idiot gun owners!!!:). Haha. Where can I get this so called badge?;). I've never heard of this. For one why would you even flash it, isn't that why we "conceal" our weapons?

Axxe55 07-08-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00 (Post 863587)
I think there are more idiots that shouldn't drive compared to idiot gun owners!!!:). Haha. Where can I get this so called badge?;). I've never heard of this. For one why would you even flash it, isn't that why we "conceal" our weapons?

Fathead, i agree that there are probably way more idiots who drive who need to get a bicycle or a good pair of walking shoes.

use to see them in the backs of different magazines in the advertisements for sale. cheesy ads! i thought the whole idea of CC was being concealed! so why would a person even need a badge? seems like one of those oxymorons!

winds-of-change 07-08-2012 06:28 PM

Isn't it breaking a law to "impersonate an officer"?

gunnovice09 07-08-2012 06:29 PM

Sounds like something created for mall ninjas to use and be proud of lol.

c3shooter 07-08-2012 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like mine MUCH better.................

Attachment 50992

Having a CCW does not make you a LEO- it is to enable you to defend yourself. Purpose of a badge is to identify yourself as a person of authority- which a CCW is NOT.

In a nutshell...........