Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Double Stack? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/double-stack-88545/)

BeyondTheBox 04-10-2013 02:41 AM

Double Stack?

Just out of curiosity, who carries a double stack sized gun, which one and how/where?

I've only got one double stack gun and I couldn't possibly conceive carrying this gargantuous monstrosity on my person.

Rick1967 04-10-2013 04:00 AM

I have a Ruger P95 that I carry regularly. I have a Bersa Compact Pro 45 that is a double stack. I dont carry it as much as I used to. But it is not a problem. I also have a Sigma that is a 14 round 40 S&W. I carry it once in a while. I have no problem concealing any of them.

BeyondTheBox 04-10-2013 04:51 AM

Jeesh, ain't the Ruger a huge beast?

AR10 04-10-2013 05:25 AM

Will be carrying a Glock 20 with modified extended mags from a Glock 21. Holds 31 and one in the pipe.

Center top pocket bib overalls, ordered them yesterday.

mdauben 04-10-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
Just out of curiosity, who carries a double stack sized gun, which one and how/where?.

Glock 17 in an IWB holster @ 4:00
Glock 21 in an OWB holster @ 4:00
Glock 36 in an IWB holster @ 4:00

The 17 and 36 I can conceal under loose fitting summer weight shirts. The 21 requires a heavier cover garment like a sweater or sweatshirt.

Admittedly, I'm a really big guy. If you are under 6 foot or 250# it might not work for you. ;)

fupuk 04-10-2013 06:17 AM

Before I started carrying my 1911, I carried a Glock 17 at about 4:00 OWB and it was as comfortable as anything. I used a Desanti holster and it worked great for me.

Doc3402 04-10-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 1209156)
Just out of curiosity, who carries a double stack sized gun, which one and how/where?

I've only got one double stack gun and I couldn't possibly conceive carrying this gargantuous monstrosity on my person.

I carry a Glock 27 which I assume is called either a double stack or staggered magazine. I carry at 4:00 in an adjustable cant IWB holster by DeSantis. It does not print, it does not dig into my ribs, and it does not pinch my butt when I sit.

While firearm/holster selection is a big part of concealed carry, so is clothing choice. I'm not talking super baggy, either. Plain, single color shirts will show a print faster than a patterned shirt. Light colors will print faster than dark colors. Stripes will print faster than checks or plaids, especially horizontal stripes. Random pattern shirts are the best. Picture a tie died or Hawaiian shirt for an example of this. Button shirts beat pullovers unless the pullover is baggy.

One thing to keep in mind. You get in a mindset that because you are doing something different by carrying a gun, people are looking at you. Don't flatter yourself. Nobody cares about you. They just want to avoid eye contact and get on with their day.

Unless you are waiting in a line, or your sidearm printing is extremely obvious, nobody is going to see it. You are more at risk of accidental exposure than you are of somebody seeing you print. Sitting, squatting, reaching over your head, and bending are things you need to check out while still in the privacy of the home. If your clothing survives these tests you should be good to go.

GoGlockOrGoHome 04-10-2013 08:38 AM

Glock 30SF.
(Double stacked .45)
I wouldn't carry anything else...well unless California allowed me more than 10 rounds

cotex 04-10-2013 04:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ya, I hope to never have to do anything but complain what it makes my back feel like but I am afraid that is not the world we lived any longer and yes always with extra clip on me and a box of a hundred in the car.. Who knows?

Tex

BeyondTheBox 04-10-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoGlockOrGoHome (Post 1209315)
Glock 30SF.
(Double stacked .45)
I wouldn't carry anything else...well unless California allowed me more than 10 rounds

I know the gun well, have one.