Don't tread on me holster - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Don't tread on me holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a smart carry like that for my full size para Ordnance 1911. I'm not exactly fast with it either but when I do have to use that holster I know it will be faster than running to my car lol

Old 10-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #12

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

No, I don't want to shoot my penis.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:22 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow

If I don't have a gun how fast I can draw it doesn't matter. I have my reasons for wanting the holster. I am not a quick draw artist and I never will be.

When you have the gun concealed you can't draw it .15 either. It takes longer than .15 to pull your shirt back.

So you are prepared for a bad guy to attack you at a gun range. Good job!
I'm gonna try I may only get to .22 to .5 but I'm gonna keep practicing to try and get it lower from concealed carry

Old 10-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #14

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcowboy View Post
I'm gonna try I may only get to .22 to .5 but I'm gonna keep practicing to try and get it lower from concealed carry
Ok, wear a pair of shorts with an elastic waist band, no belt. My wife wears dresses the Don't Tread on Me would be a dream for her. There are all sorts of situations were a wrap around holster or a belly band is the best holster. Some of us don't live to carry, we carry to live.

Go to a quick draw contest somewhere or be frikin realistic.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 AM   #15

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

I appendix carry sometimes at home, about 1:00 position. But dont want it pointed at or near my d**k. No 12:00 for me lmao

Old 10-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

Ok, wear a pair of shorts with an elastic waist band, no belt. My wife wears dresses the Don't Tread on Me would be a dream for her. There are all sorts of situations were a wrap around holster or a belly band is the best holster. Some of us don't live to carry, we carry to live.

I am realistic I practice my draw working to get faster so when I draw it's totally automatic and I would rather be ready for something to happen than to freeze up because of not training enough if I have to ever pull my gun I want to know that I can do it and not freeze

Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #17

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:

You ask people for direction then you jump their case whenever they give you feedback, i was gonna give you a couple of good places to look but with your attitude i dont see any reason for anyone to try and help you.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 10-08-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:53 AM   #18

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

See people should have read my post about the "reading class"!! The OP was about that certain holster and nothing else. Sorry I just had to jump in and say something.. Sorry Old Crow I have no experience with that holster, but I do own a P95 and love it.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcowboy View Post
I am realistic I practice my draw working to get faster so when I draw it's totally automatic and I would rather be ready for something to happen than to freeze up because of not training enough if I have to ever pull my gun I want to know that I can do it and not freeze
The military has a very extensive training program. Possibly the best in the world considering the millions of healthy unscathed veterans we have to thank for our freedom. Yet despite this extensive training a high percentage of soldiers either freeze up or shoot over the enemy soldiers head, hoping they don't have to kill anyone their first time in combat.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade View Post
I appendix carry sometimes at home, about 1:00 position. But dont want it pointed at or near my d**k. No 12:00 for me lmao
I am a little braver I might get to 12:30...Keyword is might. To be honest I am more comfortable carrying a gun with a longer barrel than I have.