Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Don't tread on me holster (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/dont-tread-me-holster-73786/)

Old_Crow 10-06-2012 04:00 AM

Don't tread on me holster

Has anyone tried this holster with a Ruger P95 sized pistol? Almost any holster for a Glock 17 fits my Ruger.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smart-Deep-Concealed-Carry-Hand-Gun-Holster-Ruger-P95-SR9-LCR-LCP-Handgun-/160820359424?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2571a3 f100

Dillinger 10-06-2012 05:09 AM

We have a new vendor, Longballer71, and he is creating some AMAZING leather our members.

Have you talked t him about your needs? :confused:

Old_Crow 10-06-2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 966188)
We have a new vendor, Longballer71, and he is creating some AMAZING leather our members.

Have you talked t him about your needs? :confused:

If you looked at the link you would see I don't want a leather holster.

It's really annoying when you ask about something specific and no one gives a damn about what you want.

If a moderator comes across this please delete my post.

mudpupp 10-06-2012 06:09 AM

You really want to carry like this?

Your gonna reach into your crotch to draw a loaded weapon?

We practice drawing from a concealed holster and placing two well aim shots in our target in 1.5 seconds or less.

Can you do that with one of these?
If you cannot, it's pointless.

What if you grabbed the wrong thing down there?

rebelcowboy 10-06-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudpupp
You really want to carry like this?

Your gonna reach into your crotch to draw a loaded weapon?

We practice drawing from a concealed holster and placing two well aim shots in our target in 1.5 seconds or less.

Can you do that with one of these?
If you cannot, it's pointless.

What if you grabbed the wrong thing down there?

I practice drawing I am trying to get to less than .5 from concealment open carry I'm down to. 33 seconds that's draw and fire 2 shots rapid secession concealment slows me down a bit

rebelcowboy 10-06-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Has anyone tried this holster with a Ruger P95 sized pistol? Almost any holster for a Glock 17 fits my Ruger.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smart-Deep-Concealed-Carry-Hand-Gun-Holster-Ruger-P95-SR9-LCR-LCP-Handgun-/160820359424?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2571a3 f100

I haven't tried the holster but it leaves me with lots of questions about it and my suggestion would me contact the manufacturer and talk to them with concerns you have

Old_Crow 10-06-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelcowboy (Post 966255)
I practice drawing I am trying to get to less than .5 from concealment open carry I'm down to. 33 seconds that's draw and fire 2 shots rapid secession concealment slows me down a bit

I have been carrying large caliber revolvers for years in that manner. There was a time when I ran a bar called the broke spoke. I carried a 7.5" super blackhawk in the same manner for years without a holster.

Seldom did I have any trouble at the spoke. But when I did I managed to get the SBH out and break it up.

rebelcowboy 10-06-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

I have been carrying large caliber revolvers for years in that manner. There was a time when I ran a bar called the broke spoke. I carried a 7.5" super blackhawk in the same manner for years without a holster.

Seldom did I have any trouble at the spoke. But when I did I managed to get the SBH out and break it up.

It still leaves me with questions on the holster that you asked about and as far as my draw I like knowing that there will be very few that can out draw me and that's why I practice I am working on getting both draws to less than .15 for draw and fire

Old_Crow 10-06-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelcowboy (Post 966345)
It still leaves me with questions on the holster that you asked about and as far as my draw I like knowing that there will be very few that can out draw me and that's why I practice I am working on getting both draws to less than .15 for draw and fire

If I don't have a gun how fast I can draw it doesn't matter. I have my reasons for wanting the holster. I am not a quick draw artist and I never will be.

When you have the gun concealed you can't draw it .15 either. It takes longer than .15 to pull your shirt back.

So you are prepared for a bad guy to attack you at a gun range. Good job!

rebelcowboy 10-06-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

If I don't have a gun how fast I can draw it doesn't matter. I have my reasons for wanting the holster. I am not a quick draw artist and I never will be.

When you have the gun concealed you can't draw it .15 either. It takes longer than .15 to pull your shirt back.

So you are prepared for a bad guy to attack you at a gun range. Good job!

Gun range? I practice this at home I train every chance I get for when I'm out with my family or someone comes to my home with criminal intentions