Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Does a CCW holder, ever Open carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 07:11 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

glock 30 huh, i wish i still had mine, i was a fool to of traded mine but i shall have another one hopefully after taxes come back. have you done any updrades to it yet

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 11-26-2008, 04:23 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
glock 30 huh, i wish i still had mine, i was a fool to of traded mine but i shall have another one hopefully after taxes come back. have you done any updrades to it yet
None at all. It is still completely stock.

I've been considering are night sights, but I'm indoors in brightly lit enviroments at night (work in a hotel as security). Also the grip mounted laser, still doing research on that.

I keep thinking that my money would be better spent in getting another handgun. Probably a Glock 20, 21, or 22.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:55 AM   #43

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

ever think about getting a lasermax to replace your recoil spring guide rod, after i upgraded my trigger sear iwas going to get one of those, but then i got rid of mine like a fool

Wars begin where u will

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

Old 11-27-2008, 01:14 AM   #44

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I skipped a couple pages of posts here, so sorry if it's already been said, but...

In TX, if you have a ccw you are NOT allowed to open carry, from what I understand. I don't think you get an either/or option...

Old 11-27-2008, 04:26 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
I skipped a couple pages of posts here, so sorry if it's already been said, but...

In TX, if you have a ccw you are NOT allowed to open carry, from what I understand. I don't think you get an either/or option...
If you are curious about open carry, check out www.opencarry.org

For the record, Texas is one of six (6) states that have banned open carry under most any circumstance in public. There is no state where open carry suddenly become illegal just because you get a permit to carry a firearm (whatever the state may call it).

Old 11-27-2008, 05:53 AM   #46

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Possible but not likely. Most BG's do not want confrontation. Open Carry basically says "I'll Tango with you". This is also the same "impression" the general public sees as well, and it alarms them. I am an advocate of Concealed Carry and I'm licensed to do so in my state. I am not totally sold on Open Carry as I really would rather not disturb the general public. Even if it is legal to Open Carry.

In the public's eye, perception is everything. Open Carry can create a "bird on a wire" mentallity. Meaning, if one person panics then others will panic just because someone else did for no logical reason at all. It's human nature.
or instead they might just shoot you first then do what they intended on doing in the first place

Wars begin where u will

Old 11-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #47

where and where cant I carry my gun atlanta

Old 11-28-2008, 03:10 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
or instead they might just shoot you first then do what they intended on doing in the first place
Any evidence of this ever happening to a non-LEO or non-uniformed security?

Old 12-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #49
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Owner View Post
If you are curious about open carry, check out www.opencarry.org

For the record, Texas is one of six (6) states that have banned open carry under most any circumstance in public. There is no state where open carry suddenly become illegal just because you get a permit to carry a firearm (whatever the state may call it).
Open carry is illegal in TX except for LEO's. It doesn't matter if you have your CHL or not... We do however, have a petition in progress to change the open carry law. Personally, I'll keep mine concealed.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:34 AM   #50

Default Showoff?? childish

Even though many have the RIGHT to CCL, it would appear to me to be very offesive to carry open. espically in public. sounds childish, who was he trying to impress?? I carry a somewhat large weapon XD40 and off all the times I have carried NO-ONE ever knew I had a weapon, and thats the way it should be, until you need it, which I would expect to be nearly never. all my friends who are co-workers that carry never display a weapon in any way shape or fashon, a sign of proffessionalism I would say.