Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Does CCW carry change your choice of movement?

View Poll Results: When deciding where I can travel and whether I should wear my firearm, I believe:
I don't arm myself when I go out. It's for home defense only. 0 0%
I occasionally wear my weapon. I avoid areas that I perceive to be dangerous. 1 2.17%
I occasionally wear my weapon. I go wherever I want regardless of perceived danger. 2 4.35%
I always wear my weapon. I avoid areas I perceive to be dangerous. 35 76.09%
I always wear my weapon. I go wherever I want regardless of perceived danger. 8 17.39%
I always wear my weapon. I'm hoping to be in a gunfight wherever I go. 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I try to carry whenever I'm awake. There are some places I can't legally carry and I either avoid going there ore try to minimize my time in such defense-free zones.

As far as otherwise affecting where I go, I always try to avoid places I *think* I might actually *need* my gun. I see no reason to court trouble.
My gun(s) is with me everywhere....at home or away. If I go somewhere where I absolutely cannot carry (rare) it's locked in a vault in my vehicle.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:45 AM   #62

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

OK, I got this off of the http://www.calccw.com/Forums/county-faq/21330-getting-concealed-carry-permit-monterey-county.html website, it was updated less than a year ago so it should still be good info.
Thank God I live in FL that's I got to say about that-
Old 09-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #63
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8062 Times on 4656 Posts
Likes Given: 10414

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Thank God I live in FL that's I got to say about that-
The county I live in is worse. Much worse.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 566 Times on 333 Posts
Likes Given: 3259

I carry when I can. When I can't, I still have one in my backpack which I have with me 24/7.

I don't drink, don't fly now that I'm a civilian again, and have little to no need to go into a Federal Building (or any building that is gun free).

No matter which route I take, going from my home to my work places me in dangerous areas - often just for being a much lighter skin color.

While I don't purposely go to certain places just because they have a certain level of danger, I also don't avoid them (as in, I won't go an hour or even 30 mins out of my way just to avoid a certain "dangerous" area).

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 09-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #65

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Whenever I walk out my door I am armed. However, I still keep aware of what is going on around me and try my best to avoid dangerous situations.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #66
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1316 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
OK, I got this off of the http://www.calccw.com/Forums/county-faq/21330-getting-concealed-carry-permit-monterey-county.html website, it was updated less than a year ago so it should still be good info.
Isn't it interesting that they make the rest of the process so difficult that, by the time you get to the psych test, you've been driven crazy???

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Vikingdad Likes This