Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Does CCW carry change your choice of movement?

View Poll Results: When deciding where I can travel and whether I should wear my firearm, I believe:
I don't arm myself when I go out. It's for home defense only. 0 0%
I occasionally wear my weapon. I avoid areas that I perceive to be dangerous. 1 2.17%
I occasionally wear my weapon. I go wherever I want regardless of perceived danger. 2 4.35%
I always wear my weapon. I avoid areas I perceive to be dangerous. 35 76.09%
I always wear my weapon. I go wherever I want regardless of perceived danger. 8 17.39%
I always wear my weapon. I'm hoping to be in a gunfight wherever I go. 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 03:09 AM   #11
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Trip, I also have had to pop a few rabid critters, but the picture in my head of you triggering a .45 hollow point round on a spider is priceless!!! I doubt terminal ballistics were relevant to its demise, so no worthy caliber debate there. Any tips on how to KO arachnids??

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 03:13 AM   #12

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Trip, I also have had to pop a few rabid critters, but the picture in my head of you triggering a .45 hollow point round on a spider is priceless!!! I doubt terminal ballistics were relevant to its demise, so no worthy caliber debate there. Any tips on how to KO arachnids??
230 grain FMJ man... When you're slinging slugs the size of small dogs, who needs hollow point?

Tip: There are no tips when dealing with the demon spawn of satan. You just kill it.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8392 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1293

Being all knowing (Jimmy Hoffa? Alpo.) I am aware that Lotto is a massive govt. conspiracy. None of the multi mega million winners are real- they are govt. shills. If I were to claim a large prize that they had not planned on, I could wind up sitting next to Jimmy on a shelf in the pet food aisle.

2014 Superbowl? Denver.

And yes, the guy you encountered in in the running for a Darwin Award.

PS> As far as explaining life to him- don't bother. Think it was WC Fields that said "Never smarten up a chump."

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Last edited by c3shooter; 09-08-2013 at 03:18 AM.
People Like This 
Old 09-08-2013, 03:32 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5285 Times on 2756 Posts
Likes Given: 333

if im awake i got a gun on me. if im asleep i have one within hands reach.

simple as that.

now i do change how im armed depending on where im going and what im doing. the more need there is to not disturb the sheeple the smaller the gun.

the one ringing truth of anyone that has ever used a firearm to defend themselves is: "I didnt think anything was going to happen..."

im sure the folks who went to see batman in colorado didnt think they were going to be victims that nite. wasnt a rough or crime ridden neighborhood either. im sure the teachers and parents of the children at sandy hook were totally convinced at breakfast it was going to be a normal day.

first rule of self defense, and one that you must never violate is "have a gun, any gun."

goblins dont hand out schedules and they arent geographically bound by magic lines and signs tell them not to commit murder. its not a hard thing.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 09-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

goblins dont hand out schedules and they arent geographically bound by magic lines and signs tell them not to commit murder. its not a hard thing.
THAT is so true. Too bad we can't get everyone to realize this.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 09-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Living in NJ I can't carry all the time...well I can't leave my home with it. But when I am home, my firearm is on me. And when travel permits I travel with my firearm and I CC at all times. Better to have it and not need it...you know the rest.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 09-08-2013, 04:42 AM   #17

Liked 24 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I carry everywhere that it's legal, and avoid most places where it is not legal.

I even carry on my boat when I venture out to the San Juan Islands to look for the orcas. A delinquent dolphin can ruin your day!

Old 09-08-2013, 05:41 AM   #18
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2768 Times on 1904 Posts
Likes Given: 560

I'm at the point in life that I moved to a state to have as little restrictions on my life as possible. I carry anywhere I'm allowed or I don't go, with the exception of my wife's medical appts. Then I sit outside because one has a no gun policy, or I wait in the Escape and listen to some tunes or do phone stuff. At home I don't usually carry unless I'm getting ready to go out or just got home. My CC stays on my nightstand or drawer, but I have other items secured around the house,....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 09-08-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I'm abstaining from voting for now. I do not have a CC permit here in Kommiefornia, so I am violating the first rule of a gunfight at all times.

Consequently, I don't leave my house unless I'm going to a gun store, shooting, or maybe the grocery store. My wife and I do next to nothing, and we're mostly ok with that. However, when I DO leave my house, I feel unsafe. I have my CCW permit for North Carolina, and for awhile I was used to always having my gun on me when I left the house. I got used to that comfort, and now I absolutely hate not having it.

When Aurora happened, I told my wife when I get my CCW permit I will always have my gun on me, regardless of where we are (unless there's a metal detector). I have decided to accept whatever consequences legally might happen to me, if I have to use my gun in defense of mine or my family's lives. So why don't I just have the same mentality right now and carry without a permit? I honestly don't know. I feel like the penalties for carrying without a permit are much stiffer [here] than they are for carrying in the wrong places.

The short of it is, I effing hate this state and absolutely loathe the fact that if I choose to exercise my 2A right, I become an automatic criminal (provided I get caught).

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

JW, I feel for you. When I lived there, I carried without a permit because I truly believed I'd rather be alive and cited than dead. I did, however, have an attorney on speed dial that I had consulted and he said he'd be able to defend me for illegal carry. Not everyone is comfortable with that and everyone has to decide on their own how to handle unjust laws. Sometimes the penalties are too steep for you and your family. Be sure to write/call/email your legislators and let them know how you feel and how you'll vote.