does anyone have a walther pps - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

does anyone have a walther pps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 11:51 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Walther PPS

I have one and like it very much, sizewise it is great for concealed carry, ( which I bought it for). The only drawback is finding info for working on it. Can't find any info on detail stripping or gunsmith work on it , as I would like to strip it down to duracoat in Dark Earth color , but other than that I like the handling and almost everything else except the warning on the slide to read the manual, which looks tacky. Great gun. dano599

Old 11-12-2010, 12:36 AM   #22

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I have owned the PPS .40 for two years and recently added the 9mm version. The .40 goes almost everywhere with me when the cooler weather arrives. I have had no problems with either. The .40 has about 500 rds through it and the 9 is quickly approaching that. I will shoot the 9 a lot more since it is cheaper and I can really shoot that all day. It is a pleasure to shoot while the .40 is a little sharper in recoil I do not have any problem with it either and I am usuing 68 yearold hands and wrists. I am really glad I got started with the PPS.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default I just bought one the other day.

PPS? Yeah I got one.
I got it to the range today and ran a couple hundred rounds through it with NO problems. Surprised myself and found the the slim back strap is more accurate for me. I did concentrated fire drills at 10 yards and was able to maintain a 2" group on the Q targets. This is a keeper and a fantastic CCW. I took a break and came back to qualify for my CCW with it tonight. This pistol made it very easy. I brought the G19 with me as well just encase the PPS decided to get finicky (first time I shot it) but left the Glock in my bag and did excellent with the Walther. The mag release is really not a down side to me because I have been taught to use the weak hand to initiate the drop anyway. Either way, with practice it is handy and easy to learn. The down side: Walther is PROUD of their line. That includes their weapons AND their accessories. The gun only comes with (1) 7 round mag. That's a definite BAD. I paid $720 for the pistol then another $60 for the extra mag (8 round). I'd like to have 4 or 5 mags for this pistol but they are a rarity in my area. I will try a few more places before ordering them online. The gun is too obscure to find a lot of accessories for without doing a lot of searching. Not a deal breaker to me though.

Last edited by fixxer; 11-18-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Wrong line

Old 11-18-2010, 12:24 AM   #24

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

fixxer - Go to Greg Cote, LLC. He has PPS mags and will get them to you in about three days. I have purchased several from him for the PPS.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollander View Post
fixxer - Go to Greg Cote, LLC. He has PPS mags and will get them to you in about three days. I have purchased several from him for the PPS.
Hey thanks for the link. Unfortunately he is out of 8rd mags but I will watch for some to come in. I picked up another 8rd mag today for $64.00 locally
The good news is that I put another 50 rounds of Blazier ball ammo throough it, 100rnds of Remington ball and switched to Rem. JHP's. 200 JHP's and no hang ups! I'm blessing this gun good with the prestigeous "get in my pants" award when my KS CCW license shows. It will be nice to pack light for a change. I think I'll give the trigger/action a little fluff and buff to smooth the grit that is barely perceptable in the mean time. Tears down like a glock, so no big deal there.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #26

My friend has a PPS that he's had for less than a year. A few days ago he brought it by for me to look at it. He had a major problem with the slide catching when the barrel shifts position. When the slide gets to the point that barrel starts to drop the slide catches and won't go back and further. He took it to a local gunsmith first to have it checked out. He said he took it apart and couldn't see any problems but I never had a chance to take it apart. He was in a hurry. All I got to do was tell him it looked like it had to do with the cam on the barrel catching on something. My guess is he'll have to send it back to the factory.

Up until now the gun has been rock solid. It's his wife's carry gun and she's kinda ticked that it's not working now that she spent the time learning to shoot it.