does anyone have a walther pps - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > does anyone have a walther pps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default my experiences with it...

i owned one for about 3 months. picked it up right after they first came out (not the first edition gray ones mind you...) because i fell in love with the size and pointability of it. im not sure what the deal with mine was because i had a lot of FTE's with it. i used a ton of different kinds of ammo, i cleaned it up real nice every time i went to shoot it, tried both of the magazines it came with, etc. mine still had the same problems. it seems almost like the drastic angle of the ejection port was catching the rims of the casings before they had a chance to get fully tossed out to the side. nothing i could do would fix it (in my limited knowledge of cleaning and take-down procedures at the time) and the issues seems to average about once per magazine for me, with no pattern as to where, be it first round, last round, etc...

-i finally ended up trading mine in for a pretty good deal on a kimber SIS ultra (i couldnt pass it up), but i followed a lot of reviews since my early run of the PPS and no one seems to have any real sufficient gripes about them. maybe i just got one that slipped through the QC cracks.

:shrugs:

Last edited by trustkill676; 01-20-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling error

Old 01-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustkill676 View Post
-i finally ended up trading mine in for a pretty good deal on a kimber SIS ultra (i couldnt pass it up), but i followed a lot of reviews since my early run of the PPS and no one seems to have any real sufficient gripes about them. maybe i just got one that slipped through the QC cracks.

:shrugs:
Geeze, it's just like JD said. You're not just here trying to gain brownie points are you?

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:21 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Geeze, it's just like JD said. You're not just here trying to gain brownie points are you?
haha! it just seems to be working out that way, i guess. it is nice to be welcomed warmly, but no... this is just my experience. nothing against any type or model of weapon (i have tried quite a few) but it is just my personal preference to like the more "old school" designs... i was really excited to try the PPS when i first read about it when they were first released, but my personal one was a disappointment. anyone who has one that works better than mine did, thats awesome. they seem to have the POTENTIAL to be really solid, really decent carry pistols. not to mention the lifetime warranty of S&W... it really is an attractive package. i just ran across a deal i couldnt pass up, otherwise i would have probably sent mine off to get fixed...

-please dont set me on fire for liking the 1911 all you plasic pistol fans

Old 01-22-2009, 03:45 AM   #14

Bought the 380 for the wife a few months back to carry when she does not want to carry the 9mm. It's a fashion thing I guess. She can shoot some nice groups with it. I wish I had gotten two of them.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:18 AM   #15

do they make a PPS in .380 nowadays? i didnt know they did. thought it was just 9mm and .40 s&w. :shrugs: maybe you were thinking about the ppk/s instead.

-come to think of it though, a pps in .380 may be the softest shooting .380 ever...

Old 03-09-2009, 01:32 AM   #16

I have the PPS .40S&W and I love it! I've been shooting the Winchester white box ammo through it. So far, no issues.

I weigh about 106 lbs. and can shoot it pretty accurately. The recoil isn't bad at all.

Great size for CCW carry.

“And the National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it? You'd have to be really dodgy on the heart to have that…” -Eddie Izzard (comedian)

Old 03-10-2009, 12:47 AM   #17

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Be careful girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlwithguns View Post
I have the PPS .40S&W and I love it! I've been shooting the Winchester white box ammo through it. So far, no issues.

I weigh about 106 lbs. and can shoot it pretty accurately. The recoil isn't bad at all.

Great size for CCW carry.
Girl, be careful-JD (Dillinger) is lurking in the shadows watching for 106lb. females to come by. Plus a girl with a gun/that can shoot? Just watch out for him!!

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 05-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #18

Most of my girlfriends preferred the PPS over the Glock because it was lighter and the grip felt more secure. They also liked the look better. Not sure if this is all due to the 007 nostalgia!

Vince K
Renton WA

NRA Member
Freemason
Dodge Charger nut

Old 04-21-2010, 03:42 AM   #19

I've had mine for about 8 months now and love it. No problems and it would be tough to find an easier to conceal .40 cal. I carry in IWB SOB on the Harley and hardly know it's there. No ejection problems at all. Some individual guns just need more rounds through than others so chances are that if you have that problem you just don't shoot enough. Everything needs to be broken in to attain perfection.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

zombie...zombie thread!!!!!!