Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   does anyone have the same problem as me? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/does-anyone-have-same-problem-me-55919/)

pontiac163 01-20-2012 03:32 PM

does anyone have the same problem as me?

So I bought a .45 for home protection and to carry. Well my wife's not to happy about me carrying it. She says she doesn't understand why and thinks that I'm trying to be "tuff and cool" so annoying... I see alot of people here that say they're never more then an arms reach from there gun. I want to get into that habbit. Espeacally since they're has been alot of break ins and home invasions in my area. What's your take on this?

vincent 01-20-2012 03:34 PM

Show her this...

Why I Carry A Gun

Magnum27 01-20-2012 03:37 PM

I think a lot of it is the unknown. I live in Illinois so we don't have CC, however a vast majority of people think that you are paranoid if you have a gun. Just last week I had a long discussion with a friend of my wife's about how she thinks it is unnecessary to have a gun. Though she thinks it is fine for her husband to hunt. The premise from many is that it is so remote that someone will break into you house why bother. I would say the same about having fire insurance.

I think if you have your wife read some gun facts or books the John Lott wrote it would help.

vincent 01-20-2012 03:40 PM

People also win the lottery, every single day, small odds but it happens. Should I not buy a ticket Because I'll probably never win??? Hells no. Anyone with the "it'll never happen to me" mentality is a victim in waiting...

pontiac163 01-20-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent
Show her this...

Why I Carry A Gun

That's a great way to explain it

pontiac163 01-20-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnum27
I think a lot of it is the unknown. I live in Illinois so we don't have CC, however a vast majority of people think that you are paranoid if you have a gun. Just last week I had a long discussion with a friend of my wife's about how she thinks it is unnecessary to have a gun. Though she thinks it is fine for her husband to hunt. The premise from many is that it is so remote that someone will break into you house why bother. I would say the same about having fire insurance.

I think if you have your wife read some gun facts or books the John Lott wrote it would help.

Same with my wife she bought me a shotgun to hunt but yet I can't carry a pistol

pontiac163 01-20-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent
People also win the lottery, every single day, small odds but it happens. Should I not buy a ticket Because I'll probably never win??? Hells no. Anyone with the "it'll never happen to me" mentality is a victim in waiting...

Your right same as why people wear seat belts or carry a spare tire. The odds are small but if it lands on me I wont be the one in regret

vincent 01-20-2012 03:57 PM

+1 Good analogy! :cool:

rjd3282 01-20-2012 03:59 PM

Look what's happened to the world since we gave women the right to vote. Why are you listening to her? :D

pontiac163 01-20-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjd3282
Look what's happened to the world since we gave women the right to vote. Why are you listening to her? :D

Haha I'm not that's what's making her mad!