Does anyone else over do it like me? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Does anyone else over do it like me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256
I live in a condo apartment so must consider that when picking calibers / weapons for home defense. I have no children in the house so I have have a .38 on my bedside table and a short double barrell Stoeger "Double Defense" 12 gauge loaded with #2 shot under the bed.
Just know that if it wont penetrate a wall it probably won't penetrate a bad guy deep enough to stop him from doing bad things to you.

.556 is actually a viable option for you. It does less damage after penetrating walls than most handguns do.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #52

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

G19 on nightstand
Mossy 500 in closet
Hammer on breakfast counter
Baseball bat behind couch
Hatchet on top of fridge
S&W 5' knife on entertainment center
Hand saw in medicine cabinet.....

Old 09-05-2013, 04:36 AM   #53
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22308 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade View Post
G19 on nightstand
Mossy 500 in closet
Hammer on breakfast counter
Baseball bat behind couch
Hatchet on top of fridge
S&W 5' knife on entertainment center
Hand saw in medicine cabinet.....
are you trying to stop a BG, or make dinner out of him?

Old 09-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

are you trying to stop a BG, or make dinner out of him?
HA! I was trying to figure out the reason for the hand saw. It all makes sense now! Bad guy allemand!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #55

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I don't buy into keeping firearms locked up at all times except when we have company and if we ever get grand kids. Until then, I keep a firearm within reach at all times. Glock 30 in the study, Glock 21 w/ tac light in the night stand. I use Federal Gaurd Ammo in the house. 12 gauge is in a corner w/ #4 shot & I usually have an LC9 or LCP in my pocket. Overdoing it? Maybe, but at least I have a chance if bad guys ever come to pay a visit.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #56

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Overdueing it **** I didn't know that was possible. I keep guns loaded and staged around the house so that as I am moving through the house I always have fast access to a fully loaded gun if need be.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #57

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I just keep a 12 ga beside the bed. I will have at least 5 minutes notice before anyone arrives. My dog goes nuts when she hears anything clanging on the gate. A team of ninjas would be required to get to my house without alerting the dog. If a deer can't get through the yard without the dog seeing it a human that is on unfamiliar ground has little chance of getting to the house.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #58

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I just keep a 12 ga beside the bed. I will have at least 5 minutes notice before anyone arrives. My dog goes nuts when she hears anything clanging on the gate. A team of ninjas would be required to get to my house without alerting the dog. If a deer can't get through the yard without the dog seeing it a human that is on unfamiliar ground has little chance of getting to the house.
I'm jealous john, my neighbors are stacked right beside me on both sides and the backyard. But other than my sons bikes being stolen its safe enough. Just always noise, I grew up in the country and boy do I miss it.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator
I don't buy into keeping firearms locked up at all times except when we have company and if we ever get grand kids. Until then, I keep a firearm within reach at all times. Glock 30 in the study, Glock 21 w/ tac light in the night stand. I use Federal Gaurd Ammo in the house. 12 gauge is in a corner w/ #4 shot & I usually have an LC9 or LCP in my pocket. Overdoing it? Maybe, but at least I have a chance if bad guys ever come to pay a visit.
I don't think that's overdoing it at all, but then again I have been accused of overdoing it quite frequently on here. (Apparently carrying 1 extra double stacked or 2 extra single stacked magazines is overdoing it to some of these dead eye tough guys on here and I should be carrying a .45/.410 derringer instead and just keep an extra bullet in my pocket like Barney Fife. But I digress.)

I think that anyone who locks his "home defense" gun in a safe with nothing in the chamber and the magazine stored separately needs to get his head checked.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1070 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
When I go to bed this is my home defense setup I have. 7 shot .357 mag in homemade holster between mattress and headboard. Use to keep it under pillow but now I like this system better. Much safer and comfortable. Rem 870 under the bed, .45 acp ( whichever one tickles my fancy at the moment) on nightstand, mag light next to that and my good ole Rambo knife between the mattress with just enough of the handle for me to grab easily. I know this is too much and unnecessary but it is what it is. I just hope I didn't make it easier for an intruder to kill me if he makes it to my room, lol. Anybody else over do it?
I suppose it may depend on where you live.......

Newest Threads