Does anyone else over do it like me? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Does anyone else over do it like me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 04:08 AM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

if i am on the opposite side of the house in my office and go to the bedroom the little one goes wild, barking and carrying on. she may be a chihuahua, but damn she's got a loud bark for such a small dog!
People Like This 
Old 08-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

I have Rotts on the outside and a Miniature Schnauzer on the inside. Who thinks his Ballz Klank no one gets near the exterior of the house without him sounding off. He also recognizes the various vehicles we have and he family incoming alerts when they are on approach

Become steel or get cut.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #23

Liked 18 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 66

I only have a couple of guns and one of them, usually the one I carried that particular day, will be on the nightstand next to my bed along with a knife and flashlight - extra mags go in the drawer of the nightstand.

One dog, a Blackmouth Cur, does a decent job of alerting us to anything, but she is still not up to where my last best friend was. Spike was a Rottweiler/Chow that was the perfect friend/watchdog. Big boy, big bark, very protective. He made it to 14 years old and now we're trying to get this new girl to learn exactly what goes on at our place and where she fits in.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemc View Post
I only have a couple of guns and one of them, usually the one I carried that particular day, will be on the nightstand next to my bed along with a knife and flashlight - extra mags go in the drawer of the nightstand.

One dog, a Blackmouth Cur, does a decent job of alerting us to anything, but she is still not up to where my last best friend was. Spike was a Rottweiler/Chow that was the perfect friend/watchdog. Big boy, big bark, very protective. He made it to 14 years old and now we're trying to get this new girl to learn exactly what goes on at our place and where she fits in.
even if the dog only alerts with loud barking, it's still a good deterent and a good alarm system for the owner. i have owned few large breed dogs in the past that were very agressive and a gun would more than likely have been used to put a BG out of his misery after one of them had gotten hold of him!
mikemc Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #25

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Hidden in easy spots to get to within reach of my bed are two 9mm handguns with three extra magazines and a 22lr pistol with four extra mags. Wife has her 9mm on the night stand and an extra mag. I have four flashlights and two knives on the nightstand. I can have my AR-15 in hand in about 15 seconds and I keep seven of those magazines loaded (for the zombies, of course). The AR-22 is handy with three loaded mags. Our next home defense buys are a pump shotgun and a S&W Governor.

And let's not forget we have two big dogs that love to alert us to noises that are not normal. Man's best friend can keep the bad guys from even trying sometimes.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #26

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2021 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 6020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
Does anyone else over do it like me?
I don't think you can over do it.

AND, I don't think you will ever hear anyone say "The problem last nite was I had a couple of guns I didn't need"
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #27

Liked 117 Times on 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post

I don't think you can over do it.

AND, I don't think you will ever hear anyone say "The problem last nite was I had a couple of guns I didn't need"
Yeah I agree. But really one fully loaded firearm and a flashlight is all that's needed. I just sleep better with my setup

Old 08-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #28

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Seems to be a consensus here, dating far back in time. Dogs need us because we have thumbs , we need dogs for their heightened senses, together we have rolled through the pages of history together in a semi partnership.
Here's my two bugler/ mailman / any damn thing for the jack Russell noise, intruder detectors.

forumrunner_20130825_170648.jpg

Then when I get up I reach for mans "other best friend"........

forumrunner_20130825_170900.jpg

The 870 on bottom of pic, ill reach over my hk usp .40 to grab the 12 gauge, everytime.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #29
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 293 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304inc
Seems to be a consensus here, dating far back in time. Dogs need us because we have thumbs , we need dogs for their heightened senses, together we have rolled through the pages of history together in a semi partnership.
Here's my two bugler/ mailman / any damn thing for the jack Russell noise, intruder detectors.

Then when I get up I reach for mans "other best friend"........

The 870 on bottom of pic, ill reach over my hk usp .40 to grab the 12 gauge, everytime.
You even color matched your guns to the dogs eyes!
People Like This 
Old 08-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #30

Liked 285 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 2

When I go to bed my carry weapon is put on my dresser next to my bed (Glock 21) and my Mossberg 500 is about three feet away from that. And I have my five year old Pitbull and my 4 month old Pitbull ready to wake me up if they hear anything. I work third shift so I sleep during the day. But when im at work my wife is home with the kids and she puts her Lc9 next to our bed when she sleeps. And the dogs will bark if they hear anything. And if all else fails she knows the combination to the safe and she could choose any weapon she wants to protect herself or my kids.

Newest Threads