Does anyone else over do it like me?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Does anyone else over do it like me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 84 Posts

Default Does anyone else over do it like me?

When I go to bed this is my home defense setup I have. 7 shot .357 mag in homemade holster between mattress and headboard. Use to keep it under pillow but now I like this system better. Much safer and comfortable. Rem 870 under the bed, .45 acp ( whichever one tickles my fancy at the moment) on nightstand, mag light next to that and my good ole Rambo knife between the mattress with just enough of the handle for me to grab easily. I know this is too much and unnecessary but it is what it is. I just hope I didn't make it easier for an intruder to kill me if he makes it to my room, lol. Anybody else over do it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Bodyguard on the headboard.

I don't need No stinking signature.

johnr1943 Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #3

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I have several teams of highly trained semi wild mountain lions stationed at several strategic posts throughout the property (trailer and 0.1 acre). My neighbor and I rotate shifts covering the park from the old panzer. An old air force buddy schedules flyovers for us so that we could theoretically always have CAS on hand. While not watching the park from the panzer, I often patrol the premises with the semi wild mountain lions while carrying my 20mm Vulcan.

Sarcasm off. 1911 on the bedside table, Uncle Joe loaded and leaning against the wall in the corner.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 977 Times on 646 Posts
Likes Given: 1258

I have a holster attached to the low side of my headboard. its a roll out and a quick grab. It's also positioned to allow for a weak hand draw . I also have a
flash light available the same way..

It's very well concealed, unless you know its right there. When making the bed or vacuuming around/under it's out of the way.

Become steel or get cut.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #5

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I don't really worry about it, but I do keep a handgun (currently a Colt Cobra .38) in the headboard of the bed; there is a .410 Snake Charmer underneath the bed (this is for my wife when I'm not home); and there is a Ruger .357 Blackhawk in the closet in case of unwelcome critters wondering around the backyard. Just from force of habit there is a John Greco knife and a flashlight on the nightstand on my side of the bed.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #6

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

I keep a few weapons spaced out throughout the house in inconspicuous places,, not all a firearms. I try not to put all my eggs in one basket so to speak.. what if you are not in bed but rather walked in on intruders? Can't get to the bedroom then. This works for me because my children are older and very gun/safety savvy. YMMV.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #7

Liked 2517 Times on 1435 Posts
Likes Given: 1962

I usually have gun to hand, yanno, FLORIDA!

BUT, if you wake me up, by breaking into my home,

you will wish I shot you, as I'm dragging your

broken carcass outside, to the curb, for eventual LE

retrieval...

Old 08-25-2013, 01:36 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1715 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 1308

I don't live in a crime ridden part of the country like some so I don't worry a lot about it. I do keep a Hi-point in the nightstand and the old 12 gauge leaning against the gun safe.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:39 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Right now I only have a bedside gun safe with two 9mms in it, and a flashlight next to the safe. Four dogs in the house, one of which is a Great Dane inside the bedroom.

However in the future I plan on having a wall safe or two strategically throughout my house, each with a handgun of some sort and extra magazines/speed loaders (haven't decided the exact guns I'll have in there yet). I will also have his and hers shotguns inside the bedroom. 12ga pump for me, and prolly a 20ga pump for her. And of course our carry handguns will be next to the bed. And the dogs are here to stay.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:13 AM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

lol i doubt the great dane is much of a bodyguard they are very sweet dogs but generally as a breed cowards to the last one