Does any body OC ?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Does any body OC ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3306 Times on 1861 Posts
Likes Given: 18894

Default Does any body OC ?

I don't much but when I'm home, (very in the sticks), I enjoy the right to openly carry. Not to be macho or anything but , it does feel very cool !
It also is important to savor the rights of our American way of life.
God, I love this country.
I also have some mixed feelings about open carry, sometimes the art of surprize is a good thing. Don't take this wrong but it does feel very cool .

Thanks to all that serve humanity and our great country on this memorial day 2009 ! Thank for your bravery and sacrafices, from the heart !!!!!!!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #2

alot of my friends OC just becuz they find it to be a pain to CC some of they're handguns.

alot of people say that OC is bad and you shouldnt do it. i believe that its a given right.

when i get my handgun i will OC and CC. it all depends on where i am going to be.

i was talkin to somebody that OC'd all the time and his thoughts about it was " if you was a BG would you go after a guy with a gun on his hip in plain view or somebody that looked unarmed? "

all in all its what you feel more comfy with.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:26 AM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Open Carry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioroftheland View Post
alot of my friends OC just becuz they find it to be a pain to CC some of they're handguns.

alot of people say that OC is bad and you shouldnt do it. i believe that its a given right.
* So is the bad guy's buddies=to take your gun.
when i get my handgun i will OC and CC. it all depends on where i am going to be.

i was talkin to somebody that OC'd all the time and his thoughts about it was " if you was a BG would you go after a guy with a gun on his hip in plain view or somebody that looked unarmed? "
* The guy that is Open Carrying is the TARGET for those that chose to dis-arm him!
all in all its what you feel more comfy with.
* warrior, I would advise you to learn more BEFORE you carry at all!!

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Last edited by BILLYBOB44; 05-26-2009 at 02:29 AM. Reason: *==My replies.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:59 AM   #4

only in my yard...
My state doesn't allow OC outside private property.
I live in the woods, so it's a good idea to have a handgun on your side when you're working in the yard. I found out the hard way that a rifle is not the best weapon for survival in my yard, but that's another story.

Last edited by UnderFire; 05-26-2009 at 03:35 AM.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:23 AM   #5

I OC whenever I'm on my property/in my house. My 1911 is always in my front pocket (I have really big pockets)

Old 05-26-2009, 04:42 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3306 Times on 1861 Posts
Likes Given: 18894

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
only in my yard...
My state doesn't allow OC outside private property.
I live in the woods, so it's a good idea to have a handgun on your side when you're working in the yard. I found out the hard way that a rifle is not the best weapon for survival in my yard, but that's another story.
You got my juices flowing, would love to hear your story if you don't mind.
Post it bro, love good stories.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:10 AM   #7

well bob thanks for your insight. As i will still OC and CC when i get my handgun. where i'm from we dont have a problem with LEO's tryin to disarm us. so its whatever man. everybody is diffrent and i'm not getting into a flame war over why its better to OC or CC.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default No flame intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioroftheland View Post
well bob thanks for your insight. As i will still OC and CC when i get my handgun. where i'm from we dont have a problem with LEO's tryin to disarm us. so its whatever man. everybody is diffrent and i'm not getting into a flame war over why its better to OC or CC.
warrior, no flame intended on my part. My worry, about ME, on OC is not with LEO's. There are some groups of thugs that get their firearms by working together in groups to dis-arm=steal=guns from others that they observe in the OC mode. I do not wish to place myself in that position. Good luck on your first handgun+be safe.

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 05-26-2009, 01:02 PM   #9

i understand that but its not like that everywhere. i'm sorry you cant oc becuz of that could happen. where i live there are ALOT of oc'ers around. they even do an OC trash pick up day. lol. all i was sayin is some people are feel better when they oc vs cc and some the other way around. all in all you must check you state laws. i know a few states only allow cc and printing counts as brandishing.

BTW bob going to check out some handguns today... maybe i'll come home with one.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Most of my carrying is done open. I usually only carry when I'm wandering around the woods. There is a lot of marijuana farming and meth cooking that happens on public lands around here. Those douche bags don't take kindly to visitors either.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.