Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Do you "Home Carry"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #51
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGlock

See I knew that was them in my bushes last night! They always watch me cook steaks on my grill. They want our meat not our guns!!
Can you blame them? Nothing smells better than a steak cooking on a grill...

Old 11-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #52

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Just about always. First thing i do when i get home is unlock the safe and pull em out. I usually keep one on me and one in a holster attached to the bed between the nightstand. Also a 12 gauge within reach and a closet full to run too if thats not enough. When in the shower theres a pistol in reach. When answering the door ive got a gun either in hand, tucked/holstered in my back waist band or on the table next to the door.

There is a reason the first and second amendment are the first and second, they are necessary to protect the rest.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #53

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
I keep one sitting right next to me on the couch when being lazy or doing laundry, otherwise I've got a few loaded and ready in my bedroom. But I don't "carry". Probably should, especially after reading stories like that, but at home I'm in basketball shorts or sweats and a tee, nowhere to really carry without pantsing myself. Hahaha
Haha EXACTLY!

There is a reason the first and second amendment are the first and second, they are necessary to protect the rest.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:33 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

i didnt see the link till i read this.

i dont answer the door without a gun in hand the wife doesnt answer the door at all unless its ups or fedex. even then its still gun in hand.

doors are always locked. guns are always loaded. if a gun is out of the safe its got a round in the chamber and a full mag if its going to just sit out for a bit other than getting packed for a range trip or cleaning
I would hate to live somewhere I thought this was necessary. I am lucky if I remember to shut the door. I have a gun close at hand at all times but don't live in fear of answering the door.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #55

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Yes, if my pants are on then so is my gun. Not too far from my home an elderly man was robbed and his car stolen when he answered the door. He usually answered the door armed but didn't this time.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380